These low carb family dinners are sure to please all the picky eaters in your family! Best of all they are easy to make and most require no uncommon ingredients!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Call me the mean mom, but there is no way that I am making two separate dinners for my family. My family eats what I eat and since I stick to a low carb diet, that means that by default, they do too 🙂
Whether you are the mean mom like me, or just interested in reducing your family's sugar and carb consumption this is the list for you!
Looking for complete Keto Family Meal Plans?
If so, be sure to check out my weekly menu posts some great ideas for and to find some meal plan inspo!
It's the perfect place for anyone looking to find and share low-carb, keto, or sugar-free family recipes and meal plans.
How do families eat low carb?
Some families try to just eliminate excess sugar, while others may be eating a medical ketogenic diet due to epilepsy or other conditions.
Here are my top 5 easy (and pretty painless) ways to reduce your family's carb intake:
- Swap pasta for zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or my personal favorite - Great Low Carb Bread Company (affiliate) pasta.
- Use cauliflower rice or miracle rice (affiliate) in place of traditional white or brown rice. If your family isn't all on board, then try mixing one of these alternatives half and half with regular rice.
- Swap Black Soybeans for regular beans in just about any recipe.
- Instead of sugar or syrup use lakanto sugar and syrup substitutes.
- Buy Keto or low carb bread or tortillas instead of regular bread. Almost every grocery store carries at least one low carb bread option and most of them are surprisingly good!