This Keto Fried Fish is seriously delicious! Eat it as is, or serve it on your favorite low carb bun with some tartar sauce for a delicious fish sandwich! You won’t believe that it’s low carb, gluten free and paleo friendly!
I grew up catholic, and went to catholic school from kindergarten until college. While my religious views have changed quite a bit since then, I still love me a good fish fry! Each church around here seems to have their own style of fish and of course side items that they are known for.
*This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links posted here (at no additional cost to you) This helps to support this site and keeps the content free. Thanks for your support!
Keto Fried Fish
- 1 lb White Fish cod, tilapia, or pollock work great!
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning For gluten free or paleo - you can substitute with paprika - or the seasoning blend of your choice
- 2 eggs beaten
- Oil for frying (you will need enough for about 1/2 inch in the bottom of your skillet) I used about ½ cup of beef tallow
- Heat the oil over medium high heat a heavy skillet. If you have an electric skillet, set it to 375 degrees F
- Set up the well beaten eggs in a rectangular dish. Then combine the almond meal, and Tony's (or other seasoning) and place on a plate or shallow dish for dipping the fish.
- Using paper towels, pat the fish very dry, then season both sides with salt and pepper dip in the egg, then coat both sides in the almond flour mixture - shaking to remove the excess.
- Place the fish into the hot oil in the skillet. Allow to cook for about 2-4 minutes per side, depending upon the thickness of your fish.
- Remove to a platter, allow to cool slightly before serving.