If you ask me, hush puppies are the best part of seafood restaurants. No fried fish meal is complete without a them. These Low Carb Hush Puppies have all the flavor that you would expect from a traditional hush puppy, without the carbs!
I opted to bake these in the oven. Coconut flour is super absorbent and it sucked up way too much oil when I fried them. I actually prefer baking them anyway because it cuts down on the mess, and I can make a bunch of them at once without babysitting a skillet.
You absolutely MUST make these with my Fried Fish and Coleslaw!
*This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you). This helps to support the site and keeps the content free. Thanks for your support!
Low Carb Hush Puppies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the butter and cream cheese in a medium bowl, using a hand mixer until its a smooth uniform consistency.
- Add the eggs and mix again.
- Next, add the coconut flour, baking powder, seasonings and onion. Mix well.
- Chill the batter in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. I use 2 spoons in order to keep the batter somewhat rounded (a cookie dough scoop would work great if you have one!)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.