Satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious banana split pie recipe. This delectable no-bake dessert has a creamy filling, loaded with bananas, pineapple, and strawberries. It's then topped with chocolate, pecans, and maraschino cherries, all nestled in a graham cracker crust. Get ready to savor every bite of this irresistible twist on a timeless favorite.
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
This pie is my go-to summer dessert. It can be served frozen or simply chilled so it is the perfect way to cool down on hot days.
If you are looking for other easy, no bake pies be sure to check out my frozen mint chip pie, or sugar free chocolate cream pie. Both of these pies are low carb, but can also be made with sugar for a traditional pie.
Ingredients and Substitutions
The ingredients for a banana split pie are similar to a classic banana split and several can be easily customized to suit your preferences.
- Heavy Whipping Cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract can be swapped for 8 ounces of thawed Cool Whip
- Cream Cheese or reduced fat cream cheese (I don't suggest fat free)
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust - I use store-bought, but you can follow this recipe to make your own!
- Banana, canned crushed pineapple, and fresh strawberries
- Chocolate Syrup
- Pecans or walnuts
- Maraschino Cherries
- Reddi-Whip or stabilized whipped cream
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Banana Split Pie
Making the classic ice cream parlor treat into a delicious and no bake pie is super easy! Before you get started be sure to soften your cream cheese and prep the fruit.
In a large bowl, beat the whipped cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until the cream is light and fluffy and has doubled in volume. Set this aside.
In a seperate bowl, stir the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the strawberries and pineapple and gently stir it in.
Next, fold in the bananas and half of the whipped cream from step 1.
Spread the fruit and cream mixture into an even layer in the bottom of a 9-inch graham cracker pie crust.
Spread the remaining whipped cream over the top of the pie and drizzle it with chocolate syrup. If desired top with chopped pecans, dollops of whipped cream, and marachino cherries.
Tip: Try my stabilized whipped cream recipe which is perfect for piping! (I used a pastry bag and a wilton #32 tip for making perfect whipped cream twirls)
Chill the pie for at least 2 hours before serving. You can also freeze it until you are ready to serve. It can even be served frozen, but you will need to let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 mintes before slicing from frozen.
Here are some of my favorite ways to change up this recipe:
- Banana Split Ice Cream Pie - Replace the cream, sugar, vanilla, and cream chese with softened ice cream. Serve the pie frozen.
- Mini Banana Spilt Pies - Swap the 9" pie crust for 8 miniature graham cracker crusts and make individual pies instead!
- Reduced calorie and sugar Banana Split Pie - Swap the sugar, vanilla, and cream for 8 ounces of sugar free cool whip and use reduced fat cream cheese in place of the regular cream cheese.
This pie can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days. After that it should be frozen to prevent the fruit from weeping and making the pie watery. It can be frozen for up to 6 months as long as it is in a freezer safe container.
You can thaw the pie comletely before serving, or thaw it for just 10-15 minutes and serve it frozen for a delicious cold treat!
Yes, this pie can be made in advance and frozen until you are ready to serve it. Allow it to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to make it easier to slice.
Banana Split Pie
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Strawberries hulled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup Canned Crushed Pineapple thoroughly drained
- 1 Banana peeled and sliced
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust 9"
- ½ cup Chocolate Syrup
- ¼ cup Chopped Pecans or walnuts
- 8 Maraschino Cherries
- Whipped Cream for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until peaks form and the cream has doubled in volume. Set this aside.1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir the softened cream cheese until it is light and smooth. Gently stir in the strawberries and pineapple.6 oz Cream Cheese, 1 cup Strawberries, ½ cup Canned Crushed Pineapple
- Next, fold in the bananas and half of the whipped cream from step 1. Spread this mixture into the bottom of the graham cracker crust.1 Banana, 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the top of the pie. Drizzle the top with the chocolate syrup and sprinkle with the pecans.½ cup Chocolate Syrup, ¼ cup Chopped Pecans
- If desired, place several dollops of whipped cream around the edge of the pie and top each dollop with a maraschino cherry8 Maraschino Cherries, Whipped Cream
- Chill the pie for at least 2 hours before serving. You can also freeze it until you are ready to serve. It can even be served frozen, but you will need to let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before slicing it from frozen.
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.