This is homemade frozen pizza will become a staple on your keto diet. They are super easy to make and make a great quick meal that the whole family will love!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Whether you are just dipping your toe in the low carb waters, or you have been fat adapted for years - one thing that you have likely noticed is the lack of keto convenience foods. The options available are few and far between.
They can be tough to find in regular grocery stores, aren't always kid friendly and are usually pretty pricey. I don't know about you, but sometimes I want to be able to eat, without spending lots of time in the kitchen. Don’t get me wrong, I love to cook, but I’m still human and sometimes, I just don’t feel like it or don’t have time.
In the past, when I was short on time (or motivation) I would dig into my freezer and pull out old trusty; AKA a frozen pizza! Unfortunately, there is only one real option for keto frozen pizza. While it is delish its pretty expensive at around $7 per personal sized pizza which makes it a luxury item for my family of 7! To top it off, it's also not widely available in my area and I'm not about to go to multiple stores to round up a few frozen pizzas.
I set out to make my own and I think I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself! I like doing these as single serving size, because it’s a little too easy to get carried away on pizza, PLUS they make a great (and quick) lunch for my kiddos.
The recipe is seriously so easy that you may question why you haven’t tried it in the past.
Start by preheating you’re oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare your pans with nonstick spray. I use 4, 7” round pans, but you could also use 8” round cake pans, small square pans, or even or a large sheet pan. Using the round pan makes it more pizza like and using a smaller pan makes it easier to spread the crust from my experience.
Next, place the chicken, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and eggs in a food processor. Process until it forms a fairly smooth paste and there are no chunks.
Divide this mixture into your prepared baking pans, and spread out evenly I used a little over ½ cup per pizza. Remember, as the chicken cooks, it will shrink some, so you want to spread it as thinly as possible and all the way to the edge of the pan. I used the back of a measuring cup, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from oven and top with sauce (try THIS HOMEMADE MARINARA!), cheese and any additional toppings that’s you like. Return to oven for 2-5 minutes, until cheese has just slightly melted (this just helps keep the toppings attached to your pizza) If you would like to eat it immediately, continue cooking until toppings are as done as you like them.
Remove from the oven and allow them to cool. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a large freezer bag.
To reheat, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pizza on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through and slightly browned - or if you are like me - really browned!
Check out these other great posts from This Mom's Menu:
- Upside Down Pizza Casserole
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders
- Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole | Low Carb, Gluten Free
If you make this recipe, be sure to review and rate it in the comments below! Also, be sure to tag me @thismomsmenu on Instagram!
Homemade Frozen Pizzas
For the crust
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
For the toppings
- 1 cup low carb marinara
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- additional toppings of your choosing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and prepare your pans with nonstick spray. I use 4, 7” round pans.
- Next, place the crust ingredients in a food processor. Process until it forms a fairly smooth paste and there are no chunks.
- Divide this mixture into your prepared baking pans, and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from oven and top with sauce, cheese and any additional toppings that’s you like.
- Return to oven for 2-5 minutes, until cheese has just slightly melted (If you would like to eat it immediately, continue cooking until toppings are as done as you like them)
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a large freezer bag.
- To cook from frozen preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pizza on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through and slightly browned.
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.