This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPAMRecipe #CollectiveBias
These roasted green beans with almonds are deceptively easy to make! They are perfect to serve your family for a quick weeknight side dish or to impress your friends at holiday dinner parties.
It’s no secret that I make it a priority to cook a homemade dinner for my family almost every night of the week. With four kids, it’s not just the healthy thing to do, but it’s also much more economical!
For the most part, I have main dishes locked down. I have a solid bank of recipes to pull from that I know my family will enjoy and that won’t take me too long to make.
One major area that I am lacking in is the side dish department. I mean, something has to give right?! Most nights side dishes are an afterthought and not really anything to write home about if I do say so myself.
I decided that it was time to change things up and to bring veggies from the side to the spotlight and this recipe is just one of my recent successes!
If you’ve never tried roasted green beans then you are in for a real treat! Roasting brings out SO much more flavor and only requires a few minutes of hands-on time so it is perfect for busy nights (AKA every night!).
What oil is best for roasting vegetables?
My go-to for roasting is almost always Avocado oil. It has a mild flavor that doesn’t interfere with other seasonings and it has a high smoke point so you don’t have to worry about it burning in a hot oven.
To make the cooking process even easier (and less messy) I love using PAM Non-GMO Avocado Oil Cooking Spray. It can be sprayed directly on food so there is no need to use any extra dishes. It also ensures uniform distribution of the oil which helps for even cooking.
Hover over the image below to shop for PAM Non-GMO Cooking Spray!
Most cooking sprays have ingredient labels that look more like a science experiment than food. PAM Non-GMO Cooking Spray comes in three varieties, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and Olive Oil and all varieties have 3 ingredients or less.
If all this wasn’t enough, PAM Non-GMO Cooking Spray is Non-Gmo project verified and the avocado and coconut varieties are SOY FREE as well!
What You’ll Need:
Whenever I am making new recipes it’s important to me that the ingredients are easy to find. No one wants to spend precious time going to multiple stores to find what they need.
Luckily all of the ingredients for this recipe can be found at your local Walmart! You can save even more time by taking advantage of their club pickup which has saved my life a time or two.
- Fresh Green Beans – I used about a pound but the recipe can easily be scaled up or down.
- Mushrooms – My preference is Baby Bellas as they have a great, mild flavor. If you aren’t a fan you can leave out the mushrooms as well.
- Onions – Any white or yellow onion will work great!
- Sliced or Slivered Almonds
- Salt and Pepper
- PAM Non-GMO Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
Tips for making the perfect roasted green beans with almonds:
- Layering the ingredients as described in the recipe card, with the onions on top, will result in crispy onions. If you prefer soft onions, you can toss them with the mushrooms and green beans before baking.
- Be sure to wait to add the almonds until after the green beans have been baking for about 10 minutes. This will prevent them from burning.
- To trim fresh green beans, just remove and discard the end that was attached to the stalk. To save even more time you can buy fresh green beans that have already been trimmed.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
Easy Roasted Green Beans Almondine with Mushrooms and Crispy Onions
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans trimmed
- ½ Yellow Onion Thinly Sliced
- 4 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- ½ cup Sliced Almonds
- PAM Non-GMO Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spread the trimmed green beans and sliced mushrooms into an even layer on the baking sheet. Top with the sliced onions.
- Evenly spray the vegetables with PAM Non-GMO Avocado Oil Cooking Spray, then season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle the sliced almonds on top. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the almonds are slightly browned and the green beans and tender and beginning to brown on the ends.