This low carb Cajun chicken “Pasta” is comfort food at it’s finest. Creamy, slightly spicy and full of flavor – all while packing a BIG veggie punch! It comes together quickly and cooks all in one skillet – so clean up is a breeze!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
This recipe is one of my favorite for busy weeknights. It’s also a great way to introduce pasta alternatives to picky eaters because the sauce is so flavorful, that you really can’t taste the zoodles much at all.
To save time on this recipe, you prep all your veggies while the chicken is cooking. For the zoodles, I use a veggetti pro which I really like. There are plenty of fancier spiralizers out there, but this one gets the job done at a decent price. (on a side note – I absolutely DO NOT recommend the regular handheld vegetti. I found it very difficult to use without cutting myself, and it leaves a lot of zucchini wasted.)
TIP: I don’t know about you, but I LOVE using zucchini as a substitute for pasta. Texture wise it is the most similar to pasta, and it is bland enough to go with just about any dish. If you are feeding picky eaters – try peeling the zucchini before spiralizing so that it looks more like pasta.
I always use Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning in this dish (and soooo many more!) Tony’s can be a little spicy – so be sure to taste as you go and adjust the seasoning to suit your heat tolerance.
Since I am feeding my kids, I usually add less seasoning to the dish – then just sprinkle some extra on mine before eating.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes from This Mom’s Menu:
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate it and leave a review in the comments below! Also be sure to tag me @thismomsmenu when sharing your creations on Instagram!
Keto Cajun Chicken "Pasta"
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 medium bell peppers cut into strips (yellow, red or orange peppers work best)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning adjust to taste
- 1/4 Medium Red Onion sliced
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 cup Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan divided
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. While the oil is heating coat the chicken with 1-2 tsp of Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning. When the oil is hot add your chicken to the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, Spiralize the zucchini and slice the peppers and onion - set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside. Using the same pan, reduce the heat to medium and add in the chopped peppers, onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is beginning to turn translucent and peppers start to soften (3-5 minutes). Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Still using the same pan, increase the heat to medium-high and add almond milk, cream cheese, heavy cream and 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Stir continuously using a whisk until the cheese is melted and the sauce begins to thicken (about 5 minutes. At this point, taste your sauce and add more Tony's if needed.
- Return the chicken and veggies to the pan and continue cooking until hot, still stirring frequently.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the zoodles (or serve the chicken and sauce over a bed of zoodles)
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese