This recipe for low carb Chicken, Broccoli and "Rice" Casserole is about to become one of your go-to keto meals! It's a delicious comfort food that your entire family will love!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
When I first stared eating a ketogenic diet, I was really surprised at the lack of low carb, family friendly meals. There were a handful of good recipes, but after about a month we were already getting pretty tired of them.
This recipe is a take on the classic, Cheesy chicken broccoli and rice casserole that pretty much every one has had at some time or another. It's super simple, and super delicious too!
One of the best things about this recipe is that it uses only a handful of basic ingredients.
I usually keep precooked, shredded chicken breast on hand in the freezer because it's so easy to batch cook.I use THIS recipe and it turns out perfect every time. If you don't feel like cooking the chicken yourself, you can also use a rotisserie chicken.
For the broccoli and cauliflower, you can use fresh or frozen. If you are using frozen, it's a good idea to cook it before adding to the rest of the ingredients in order to remove some of the extra liquid.
Lastly, I am OBSESSED with chicken broth concentrate (I linked below to what I have been using). It's a great way to add flavor to dishes, without having to add a ton of extra liquid. If you don't have that, you can substitute about 2 teaspoons of chicken bullion.
To make this recipe, you will do most of the cooking in a large skillet, then transfer to a baking dish top with some extra cheese just to get that browned cheese on top. If you are short on time, you can skip the baking all together.
Unfortunately, this casserole doesn't freeze very well. But, leftovers, if there are any, will keep in the fridge for about 5 days.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Pork Chops
- Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole
- Upside Down Pizza Casserole
Don't forget to rate and review it below! Also, be sure to tag @thismomsmenu and hashtag it #thismomsmenu on Instagram!
Keto Chicken, Broccoli and "Rice" Casserole
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups riced cauliflower (about 1 medium head of cauliflower)
- 4 cup broccoli florets chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 3 cups) cooked and shredded
- 1 ½ tablespoon chicken broth concentrate or 2 teaspoon bullion
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13" casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and the broccoli. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and cook until the broccoli turns a bright green, stirring occasionally. (if you are using frozen vegetables, you will want to thaw them first, then just cook them in the skillet until they are heated through)
- Stir in the chicken, chicken broth concentrate, heavy cream, sour cream and 2 cups of the cheddar cheese. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned, and the casserole is hot and bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens.