These easy baked chicken parmesan meatballs are the perfect low carb supper! Serve them by themselves or over your favorite pasta or pasta substitute for a delicious meal that everyone will love!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
This recipe is a mashup of my family’s two favorite Italian dishes – chicken parmesan and spaghetti and meatballs! The result is absolutely delicious and it’s now a new family favorite!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these chicken parmesan meatballs
- Ground chicken
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Grated parmesan cheese (this is the shelf staple stuff that is slightly powdery and is different than the shredded parmesan which is also used in this recipe)
That is all that you need to make the meatballs, which can be served just like you would enjoy any other meatball over pasta, pasta substitutes such as zoodles, and topped with your favorite marinara.
I prefer to make this dish one step further and bake it in my Easy Homemade Marinara topped with some shredded mozzarella cheese. There isn’t anything much better than melty, and slightly browned mozzarella so I take just about any excuse to add it to my supper!
Tips for making the perfect meatball
Meatballs are super easy to make and almost impossible to mess up, but here are a few tips to help you out with this recipe:
- I recommend using a baking rack to ensure that the bottom of the meatballs stay crisp. If you don’t have a baking rack, simply flip the meatballs over once or twice while baking.
- Typical meatballs use bread crumbs as a binder, but since ground chicken is so lean it holds together really well without bread crumbs.
- The downside to using lean meat is that they can become dry which is why adding freshly shredded cheese to the meat mixture is important.
- I like to make these meatballs about the size of a golf ball but you can make them whatever size you like but, be sure to adjust the cooking time up for larger meatballs and down for smaller meatballs.
Can these meatballs be frozen?
These meatballs will keep really well in the fridge for up to about 5 days. But the best thing is that like most meatballs, these are super freezer friendly!
After baking, allow them to cool then transfer them to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 6 months.
To reheat from frozen I like to put them in a baking dish with marinara and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Homemade Meatballs
- Keto Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce
- Easy Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Keto Meatball Sub Muffins
- Upside Down Pizza Casserole
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Baking Sheet
- Baking Rack
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and top with a baking rack. If you don't have a baking rack, thats fine – just be sure to flip the meatballs halfway through the baking time.
- In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, eggs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Place the grated parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- Form the mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball. Then roll each in the parmesan cheese. Place the coated meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked to an internal temperature of at least 165° F.
- Optional – Pour 2 cups of Marinara in the bottom of a large baking dish. Place the cooked meatballs in a single layer over the marinara. Top with the shredded mozzarella and bake at 350° for 10 minutes, or until the marinara is hot and the cheese is melted.