These bacon cheeseburger dippers are the perfect low carb and healthy lunch for kids and adults alike! Customize them with your favorite toppings or dipping sauces for a tasty meal that anyone will love!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Here is a fact: If you make your kids food bite-sized and provide a complimentary dipping sauce they will eat just about anything. I’ve tested this theory many times over and the success rate is pretty high.
While my kids turn their nose up at a traditional bunless burger, when I make a nugget size bunless burger they are all about it.
Not only are these little burgers adorable they also can be made in advance and frozen for a quick lunch easy enough for the older kids to make themselves.
Ingredients and substitutions:
- Ground Beef – I recommend sticking with an 80/20 beef or leaner but you can also sub any ground meat that you would like.
- Bacon – If you aren’t a fan of bacon cheeseburgers you can omit the bacon. I prefer traditional bacon, but if I am short on time I will use precooked bacon crumbles. You can also use turkey bacon.
- Cheddar cheese is my preference, but the sky is the limit here. Feel free to use any sliced cheese that you enjoy on your burgers!
- Salt and pepper
- Dill pickle juice – This is optional but HIGHLY recommended!
- Onion Powder can be swapped with dried minced onion or omitted completely.
I have found that the easiest way to cook these is by baking them in a whoopie pie pan. This ensures that all of the patties are equal in size and that they cook uniformly.
If you don’t have a whoopie pie pan, no worries! You can simply form the meat into uniform circles on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet.
Looking for other recipes to put that whoopie pie pan to use? If so check these out:
If you want to sneak some vegetables into these cheeseburger dippers, you can add about 1 cup of finely chopped mushrooms to the meat mixture before cooking. I use baby bellas and my kids have never noticed a thing!
Dipping Sauces that go well with these mini burgers:
ANy sauce that you like on a traditional burger will also be great with these. Some of our favorites are:
- No Sugar Added Ketchup
- Yellow Mustard (or any mustard really!
- Big Mac Sauce
- Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce
- Bacon Mayonaise
Freezing these cheeseburger dippers is super easy! Simply prepare them as directed, then allow them to completely cool.
Once they have cooled, arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer and place the baking sheet in the freezer. Once the burgers have frozen solid, transfer them to a freezer-safe container that seals tightly.
To cook from frozen, simply microwave them in 1-minute intervals until they are heated through, OR bake them at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
These cheeseburger dippers will keep in the fridge for about 5 days or in the freezer for 6 months!
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Low Carb and Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders
- Low Carb French Toast Sticks
- Keto Meatball Sub Muffins
- Low Carb Lunchables
- !0 Low Carb Packed Lunch Ideas
- Homemade Low Carb frozen Pizzas
Bacon Cheeseburger Dippers
- Whoopie Pie Pan
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine the beef, bacon pieces, pepper, salt, pickle juice, and onion powder.
- Using your hands, mix the meat with the other ingredients until well incorporated.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the meat mixture evenly into the cavities of a whoopie pie pan OR if you don’t have a whoopie pie pan, simply spread it into circles approximately 2 inches in diameter on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until meat is cooked through. Carefully remove from the pan and place them a large paper towel lined dish. Top ½ of the meat patties with a 1” square of cheddar cheese, then another patty.
- Allow them to cool slightly before serving with the dipping sauces of your choice.