This slow-cooker smoked sausage dinner is the perfect weeknight comfort food.
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights! It's a great low-carb meal that the entire family will love.
This recipe was inspired by my recipe for slow cooker cauli mac, and is a great one-pot meal.
- Fresh cauliflower - I do not recommend frozen as it gets WAY too mushy
- Turkey Smoked Sausage - you can also use reqular smoked sausage
- Cheddar Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Dry Ground Mustard
- Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and pepper - I don't usually find that I need to add any additional salt as the cheese and sausage are usually quite salty
- Frozen Cauliflower Rice (optional) - This helps to thicken the sauce.
See the recipe card for quantities.
When I tell you that this keto smoked sausage recipe couldn't be any easier, I really mean it! Simply combine all of the ingredients except the cauliflower rice in your slow cooker. Give it all a stir and then cook on low for 5 hours.
Hint: I don't suggest using frozen cauliflower as it tends to get really mushy when cooked in the crockpot. Also, make sure to cut the cauliflower into small florets (see photo below)
After it has cooked for 5 hours, stir in the frozen cauliflower rice and allow it to continue cooking for the final hour.
Serve it topped with additional cheese if desired and enjoy!
The only equipment required for this recipe is measuring cups and spoons, a slow cooker, and a knife and cutting board for cutting the cauliflower.
I use an Instant Pot Aura Pro Multi Cooker (affiliate) which I ABSOLUTELY love. Not only does it slow cook, but it is also a rice cooker, sous vide, and a yogurt maker. You can also bake, boil, and roast in it!
Store the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave, oven, or over low heat in a skillet.
You can also freeze leftovers for up to 6 months. Allow to thaw in the fridge, then reheat as described above.
Crockpot Smoked Sausage and Cheesy Cauliflower
- 6 cups Cauliflower cut into small florets (1 medium to large cauliflower)
- 2 lbs Smoked Sausage Sliced
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- ¾ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Dry Ground Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- Place all the ingredients except the cauliflower rice into the slow cooker and stir to combine.6 cups Cauliflower, 2 lbs Smoked Sausage, 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, ¾ cup Heavy Whipping Cream, 2 oz Cream Cheese, ½ teaspoon Dry Ground Mustard, ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook on low for 6 hours. In the last hour of the cooking time, stir in the frozen cauliflower rice. Continue cooking for the remaining tima. Stir before serving and enjoy!2 cups Frozen Cauliflower Rice
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.