This low carb quiche is packed with so much flavor that no one will believe that it's actually healthy! Cheesy chicken, bacon, and eggs make this the perfect keto breakfast or dinner!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I've seen a non-keto version of this quiche floating around on Pinterest for a while now, and I have to admit that the first time or two that I saw it I thought it sounded awful.
But, then I thought ... What if it isn't awful at all. I mean, what if it's actually amazing? Crack chicken is already one of my favorite keto recipes so could a quiche with the same flavors really be bad?
As soon as I perfected my keto pie crust recipe I knew I had to give this a try and I am SO glad that I did because it is in fact, AMAZING!
This recipe freezes beautifully so be sure to check out the freezing instructions at the bottom of this post if you are a freezer cooking junkie like me 🙂
Tips for making the perfect low carb quiche:
- The crust is a delicious take on my keto pie crust. For tips specific to the crust be sure to check out that post.
- With that said, you can save a carb or two and make this quiche crustless. It will still be super tasty!
- I added a bit more chicken to this quiche then the original (non-keto) version called for. I didn't want it to be too "eggy" and I found that this ratio worked best for me. You can adjust the filling ingredients to suit your own preferences.
- I decided to use Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix instead of ranch dressing. It was just a personal preference. If you would rather use actual prepared dressing instead just sub ¼ cup of the heavy cream with Ranch dressing.
How to freeze this quiche for later:
As I mentioned above, quiches freeze (and reheat) really well. You can freeze them before or after baking.
If you want to freeze before baking simply follow the instructions up to step 10. At that point, instead of putting the quiche in the oven you will sit it on a baking sheet and freeze it. Once it has frozen solid wrap it in foil and/or plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to six months.
To cook from frozen using this method, allow the quiche to thaw in the fridge for at least overnight. Then bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes or until the eggs are set.
If you would prefer to freeze after baking just complete the recipe as it's written. Allow the quiche to cool completely and then freeze it. You can freeze the entire quiche or you can freeze it in individual portions.
If you are freezing it after it has been cooked completely you can reheat it in the oven or microwave. The oven lends the best results and keeps the crust nice and crisp, but the microwave is faster - Your choice 🙂
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- Low Carb Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Keto Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Keto Breakfast Casserole
Keto Crack Chicken Quiche
- 9" Pie Plate
For the crust:
For the filling:
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Breast Cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Bacon Cooked and Chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 5 Eggs
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9" pie plate with non-stick spray.
- First, prepare the crust: In a large bowl combine the softened butter and almond flour using an electric hand mixer on medium-low speed.
- Add the salt, egg white, and vinegar. Continue mixing until the mixture forms a smooth dough. The dough should hold it's shaped in the bowl but will be a bit wetter then a traditional pie crust. *See note
- Using a sturdy spoon or rubber spatula, work the shredded cheese into the dough.
- Spray a piece of parchment paper with non-stick spray or butter and turn the dough out onto the greased parchment. Top it with a second piece of greased parchment. Roll the dough between the parchment to form a 12" circle.
- Carefully remove one sheet of the parchment and turn the exposed side of the dough into the pie plate. Carefully peel away the second piece of parchment and use your hands to fill in any cracks to ensure that the bottom of the pie plate is covered with dough. Cut any excess dough away from the edges and/or crimp the edges.. **See Note
- Use a fork to poke holes into the bottom and sides of the dough. Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, removing it BEFORE the crust is browned. Then, remove the crust from the oven and set aside, leaving the oven on. ***See Note
- Add the cooked and shredded chicken breast to the pie crust, then top with the cooked and crumbled bacon.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and ranch seasoning mix.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chicken and bacon in the pie crust. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Allow the quiche to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing, and enjoy!
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens.