Maybe you are eating a ketogenic diet and you're wondering if a membership to Sam's Club is worth the cost - or - maybe you already have a membership, but you want to plan for your next shopping trip and you aren't sure what you should be looking for.
No matter what has led you to this post, I can promise that when you are done reading you will have a much better idea of what Sam's Club has to offer the low carb crowd.
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Before I go through my keto Sam's Club list, there are a few things that you need to know before you hit the store:
- Sam's Club is a warehouse store where the majority of products are sold in bulk. There isn't a ton of brand selection. However, some of the more popular products will have a few options.
- You need to have a membership to shop at Sam's Club. You can get your membership in the store or online (affiliate) Be sure to check out the special offer for new members at the end of this list!
- There are a few options for memberships. The basic and business memberships both cost $45 while the Plus membership costs $100. The plus membership allows for early shopping hours and also gives you cashback on purchases. It also includes extra savings on optical services and pharmacy. We upgraded to the plus membership this year and have earned enough cashback to make up the difference plus I love the early shopping hours!
- I highly recommend using SCAN & GO when shopping at Sam's. When you are in the store open the Sam's Club app and select 'scan & go'. From there you simply scan the products you are purchasing using your phone as you shop. When you're done shopping, simply pay RIGHT FROM YOUR PHONE AND LEAVE! Yep, this is HUGE! No waiting in lines at Sam's Club EVER!
- Sam's club also offers free order pick up. You just go online and order what you want and schedule a time to pick it up. In my area, pick-up is almost always available within 2 hours! When you get to the club, check in with customer service and they will bring your order out for you. You can also use Rakuten (affiliate) when shopping online to get additional cashback on your Sam's Club order! (As of today, you also get $10 from Rakuten when you make your first purchase of $25!)
SPECIAL OFFER: You can get a bonus $20 Sam's Club gift card when you sign up for a membership through THIS LINK!!!
Now that you know what to expect, let's get to my list of MUST-HAVES from Sam's Club!
Keto Baking Supplies
Sauces, Spreads, and other items you HAVE to have!
So that's it! If you are a regular Sam's shopper, I'd love to know what's on your list!
PS - I get a lot of questions about Sam's Club vs Costco and while mostly it's a matter of personal preference here is my official take ...
I find that Sam's club is the best spot for traditional grocery items and generally has lower prices compared to Costco. However, Costco definitely has Sam's beat with specialty products and organic selections.