With only 4 ingredients, this keto mug cake couldn't be any easier! It makes the perfect low carb dessert or even a yummy breakfast on the go!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
This recipe was born late at night, in the middle of a craving for something sweet - as all good mug cake recipes should be. In my opinion, it's the perfect single-serving treat to whip up in under 2 minutes and with ingredients, you likely have on hand already.
It's not a super sweet cake (although that can be adjusted with the amount of sweetener you use) so it also makes a great breakfast muffin as well.
Best of all, there are almost infinite ways to change up this keto mug cake!
- Substitute any nut butter for an entirely different cake. Some variations that I am excited to try: Peanut butter, Peanut Butter chocolate chip, Chocolate Hazelnut Nougatcreme, KetoLove Carrot Cake Almond Butter, and last but definitely not least Nikki's Vanilla Cake Batter Coconut Butter (anyone else drooling at the possibilities??)
- Add chocolate chips
- Add fresh or frozen blueberries plus about ½ teaspoon of vanilla to make a quick blueberry muffin!
- Try different flavors of liquid stevia (my favorite is coconut!)
- Use flavor extracts such as banana, strawberry, vanilla, or almond extract.
As you can see from my picture, I topped my cake with a little bit of homemade whipped cream. You can easily make some yourself by adding about 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream and a few drops of liquid stevia to a small jar.
Place the lid on the jar and shake the heavy cream until it thickens and nearly doubles in size. Voila, you've got fresh whipped cream!
If whipped cream isn't your thing, or you just want something a bit faster you could also top it with some extra almond butter, your favorite sugar-free syrup - or simply enjoy it as is!
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Raspberry Almond Chia Pudding
- Fudgy Keto Brownies
- Keto Butter Crackers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars | Keto, Gluten-Free
4-Ingredient Almond Butter Mug Cake
- Combine all ingredients in a coffee mug. (If your almond butter is a little firm, you may want to microwave it for 10 seconds before adding in other ingredients for easier mixing)
- Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Microwave for 1 minute
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.