These Cinnamon Roasted Almonds are the perfect quick snack. Add them to your weekly meal prep so that you'll always have some on hand.
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
These almonds are the perfect snack. They have just a hint of sweetness and of course, a delicious cinnamon flavor that helps to curb cravings.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here is what you'll need to make homemade cinnamon-roasted almonds:
- Unsalted Almonds - you can also make this with other nuts such as cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, or even sunflower or pumpkin seeds for a nut-free option!
- Coconut oil or ghee
- Ground cinnamon or try it with pumpkin pie spice or cocoa powder!
- Sugar or sugar substitute
Yes, you can use other nuts like pecans, walnuts, or cashews for cinnamon-roasted nuts. Just be aware that roasting times might vary based on the type and size of nuts.
Yes, you can make sugar-free cinnamon roasted almonds by using a sugar substitute like erythritol, stevia, or monk fruit sweetener in place of regular sugar.
To evenly coat the almonds, you can mix the cinnamon, sweetener, and salt in a bowl first. Then, add the melted oil to create a paste. Toss the almonds in the paste until they are well coated.
Store the cooled cinnamon-roasted almonds in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer shelf life, store them in the refrigerator or freezer.
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the almonds. Stir to combine
- Add the almonds and stir until they are well coated in the cinnamon mixture.
- Transfer the almonds to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fragrant and slightly brown, shaking the pan halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. sprinkle with additional sweetener and cinnamon if desired.
- Once fully cooled transfer to an airtight container.
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.