This Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning is so packed with flavor and has none of the fillers that you will find in prepackaged seasoning blends. Add it to your next taco night and you will never look back!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Yep – this is it. The ONLY taco seasoning you will ever need again!
You won’t believe how simple it is to make your own taco seasoning with things you likely already have on hand.
I keep this mixed up and ready to go in a mason jar at all times. I love making my own seasoning blends because I know exactly what is in them, plus I can adjust them to suit my family’s taste.
Generally, I use about 3 tbsp of this mix per pound of meat. But feel free to add more or less to suit your family’s taste. I recommend starting with 3 tbsp then tasting and adding more if needed.
How to change it up:
- This mix is very mild. If you prefer a spicy taco seasoning add a tablespoon or more of cayenne pepper to the mix! Just be aware that a little goes a long way, so if you add more, do so at your own risk.
- Replace about 2-3 tablespoons of the chili powder with Tajin chili and lime seasoning to give your mix a little zip.
- Add about 1 tablespoon or so of dried oregano for something different!
- Swap the traditional paprika for smoked paprika to give this taco seasoning a smoky flavor.
Side Note: I swear by Bloemer’s chili powder! I have made this with other brands and it’s always great, but Bloemer’s is the best! Bloemer’s is a small local company and is available in the Louisville, KY area in most grocery stores, but if you aren’t local – then you can order online by clicking the link above. (I am not an affiliate for Bloemer’s and don’t get anything for promoting them)
Be sure to check out these other great recipes from This Mom’s Menu:
- Chicken Taco Soup | Keto, Instant Pot
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Mexican Street Corn Salad | Keto
- Churro Cupcakes | Keto, Gluten Free
- Mix all ingredients in a jar.
- I use about 3 tbsp to 1/4 cup of the mix per pound of meat when making tacos