This recipe for Keto Cinnamon Swirl Bread is the perfect breakfast treat for the entire family! It's low-carb, gluten-free, and has no added sugar. Enjoy it as is, or try it toasted with butter.
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I have said it a million times, but I will say it again: I could eat a breakfast of bacon and eggs almost every day and die a very happy woman. On the rare occasion when I want something else - it's usually some type of carby cinnamon baked good and this bread fits the bill perfectly.
Ingredients and Variations
This recipe uses pretty standard low-carb baking ingredients. As with any baking recipe, I don't suggest substituting the ingredients (unless it is listed here)
- Cream of Tartar keeps the whipped egg whites light and fluffy, which in turn keeps the bread from becoming too dense.
- Vanilla Extract
- Cream Cheese
- Liquid Stevia and Erythritol - you can substitute the sweeteners if you would like. Be sure to check out this conversion chart to ensure you use the right amount.
- Baking Powder
- Almond Flour - make this nut-free by swapping the almond flour with sunflower seed flour (affiliate)
- Cinnamon you can also use pumpkin pie or apple pie spice to change up the flavor a bit.
For a twist on this recipe be sure to check out my Keto King Cake!
Tips and FAQs
Coconut flour is a great option for low-carb baking. Unfortunately, it doesn't evenly substitute for almond flour and the texture is also quite different and for these reasons, I don't suggest using it in this recipe. Instead, check out this coconut flour cinnamon bread recipe!
Yes, you can add chopped nuts or raisins to the recipe. Just be aware that raisins will significantly increase the carb count.
Yes, you can freeze this bread for later. Once it has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe bag. Thaw it at room temperature or gently reheat slices in the oven or toaster oven.
Keto Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 4 Eggs separated
- ¼ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 2 tablespoon Butter melted
- 2 tablespoon Butter softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 oz Cream Cheese softened
- Liquid Stevia to taste, I used about 12 drops
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cinnamon divided
- ¼ cup Erythritol I prefer confectioners
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare a 9x5" loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Separate the eggs into 2 large bowls.
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Add softened butter, vanilla, cream cheese, and stevia to the egg yolks. Mix until well combined. Then add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, baking powder, and almond flour, stirring until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, erythritol, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. This may take a few minutes as the egg yolk mixture may be fairly thick.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Evenly top with the cinnamon and butter mixture. Then the remaining egg mixture, ensuring that the mixture has been spread to the edges of the pan.
- Using a butter knife, make swirls into the bread, keeping the knife vertical to prevent too much mixing between the layers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden.
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.