These blueberry pancakes are the most delicious way to start your day! The pancakes are easy to make and are gluten-free and keto-friendly. Don't skip out on the easy blueberry syrup which really puts them over the top!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I am on a pancake kick and I. just. can't. stop!
Yesterday I shared my recipe for low carb and gluten-free birthday cake pancakes and I have a few more pancake variations in the works.
Pancakes are so easy to make and they use ingredients that are relatively easy to find and keep on hand. Since I'm writing this post on day 40 something of coronavirus quarantine that last fact is super important!
Speaking of ingredients ...
Here's what you'll need for these blueberry pancakes (+ Possible substitutions)
- Cream Cheese
- Baking Powder
- Almond Flour - I haven't tried these with coconut flour so if you want to try it do so at your own risk ☠️With that said, my best guess would be to use about ¼ cup of coconut flour in place of the almond flour .
- Vanilla Extract
- Blueberry Flavoring Drops - These can usually be found in the baking section of the grocery store or online. They are optional so don't worry if you can't find them - your pancakes will still be delish!
- Liquid Stevia or sweetener of choice to taste
- Blueberries - I almost always use frozen blueberries because they are easy to keep on hand, but fresh will work just as well.
- Sugar-free pancake syrup or pancake syrup of your choice. I always use Lakanto Maple Syrup because it has a taste and consistency that is similar to real maple syrup and is sweetened with monk fruit instead of a bunch of mystery chemicals.
Right now you can get 10% off of all Lakanto products with the code "THISMOMSMENU" when you order from the Lakanto Website!
Tips for making perfect low carb pancakes:
- I like to mix the batter in a blender if you don’t have a blender you can mix by hand with a whisk.
- If you opt to mix by hand make sure that the cream cheese is softened before mixing.
- I recommend using a high quality non-stick pan or griddle. I LOVE Green Pan and highly recommend all of their cookware!
- I usually stick with medium heat when cooking pancakes sometimes adjusting up or down as needed.
- While cooking, Wait to flip the pancakes until you see several bubbles popping up around the edge of the pancake batter and do your best to only flip them once.
How to store leftover pancakes and syrup:
These pancakes can be kept in the fridge for up to five days or frozen for up to 6 months. You can reheat then from cold or frozen in the microwave or in a warm skillet. Store the pancakes separately from the pancakes so the pancakes don't get soggy.
Be sure to check out these other great low carb pancake recipes:
- Keto Bananas Foster Pancakes
- Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes | Low Carb
- Low Carb Birthday Cake Pancakes
- Keto Pumpkin Pancakes
- Sausage Pancake Muffins
- Blueberry Pancake Casserole
- Keto McGriddles
Low Carb Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup
For the Pancakes:
- In a blender, combine all of the pancake ingredients except the blueberries. Pulse until smooth then gently stir in the blueberries. You can transfer the mixture to a bowl first, but I find it easier to pour the pancakes straight from the blender.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto a preheated griddle, cook until bubbles begin to form on the top side of the pancake, then flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- For the syrup: Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the blueberries are soft. You can leave the berries whole, or smash them with a fork. I usually leave about half whole and smash the rest.
- Serve pancakes topped with the blueberry sauce and enjoy!
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens.