Take your pancake game to the next level with these delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with a Creamy Lemon Sauce. They are perfect for a spring or summer breakfast and best of all - they are deceivingly simple to make.
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
We all know that pancakes are the ultimate breakfast food - but not only are traditional pancakes full of carbs - they can also get a little boring when you eat them week after week.
These lemon poppy seed pancakes come together using only a blender so clean up is a breeze! If you don’t have a blender (get one) you could also use an electric mixer.
I decided to make the sauce because I just didn’t feel like traditional pancake syrup would do these unique lemon pancakes justice and it turned out great.
It’s a little tangy, a little sweet, and a touch creamy and really puts these pancakes over the top.
Do yourself a favor and stick to fresh lemon for this recipe. You really need to lemon zest and fresh lemon juice is the best!
I also love to top them with fresh blueberries for an extra pop of flavor and sweetness.
Check out these other posts from This Mom's Menu:
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with Creamy Lemon Sauce | Keto, Gluten Free
- Add all the pancake ingredients to a blender, except the poppy seeds. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, then add pour pancake batter into pan. I use ¼ cup of batter per pancake.
- Cook until you begin to see bubbles forming on the edges of the pancake, flip and cook until the pancake has browned on each side.
Creamy Lemon Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan, combine the butter, lemon juice, water and vanilla. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetener, poppy seeds, lemon zest, and sour cream.
- Serve pancakes topped with sauce and enjoy!
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.