Take your pancake game to the next level with these delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with a Creamy Lemon Sauce. They are perfect for a spring or summer breakfast and best of all – they are deceivingly simple to make.
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
We all know that pancakes are the ultimate breakfast food – but not only are traditional pancakes full of carbs – they can also get a little boring when you eat them week after week.
These lemon poppy seed pancakes come together using only a blender so clean up is a breeze! If you don’t have a blender (get one) you could also use an electric mixer.
I decided to make the sauce because I just didn’t feel like traditional pancake syrup would do these unique lemon pancakes justice and it turned out great.
It’s a little tangy, a little sweet, and a touch creamy and really puts these pancakes over the top.
Do yourself a favor and stick to fresh lemon for this recipe. You really need to lemon zest and fresh lemon juice is the best!
I also love to top them with fresh blueberries for an extra pop of flavor and sweetness.
Check out these other posts from This Mom’s Menu:
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with Creamy Lemon Sauce | Keto, Gluten Free
- Add all the pancake ingredients to a blender, except the poppy seeds. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, then add pour pancake batter into pan. I use 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
- Cook until you begin to see bubbles forming on the edges of the pancake, flip and cook until the pancake has browned on each side.
Creamy Lemon Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan, combine the butter, lemon juice, water and vanilla. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetener, poppy seeds, lemon zest, and sour cream.
- Serve pancakes topped with sauce and enjoy!