Add this super easy, low carb blueberry pancake casserole to your morning line-up for a delicious keto meal that everyone will love. The leftovers (if there are any) reheat really well making it a great meal prep staple as well!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Even though I am of the firm belief that breakfast foods are the best foods, I rarely actually eat breakfast. My kids on the other hand, would have a plate of food in their hands the second that there feet hit the ground if they had it there way.
I try my best to make them wholesome breakfasts, but let’s face it – it can be tough to find the motivation early in the morning. That’s why I am a HUGE fan of easy breakfasts that don’t require a ton of hands on time.
This recipe for Blueberry pancake casserole fits that bill perfectly. The recipe itself comes together in a blender, and then bakes on the oven so you aren’t stuck flipping pancakes all morning.
The syrup is obviously optional – but don’t worry it couldn’t be any easier and will also score you score you some major bonus points since your family will assume that it was a real challenge to make.
Ingredients and substitutions
I’ve opted to use coconut flour for this recipe, which is something that I rarely do. I just love the combination of the subtle coconut with the blueberries. If you want to substitute with almond flour check out THIS article. It should work well, but since I haven’t tested it – proceed at your own risk.
Also, feel free to use fresh or frozen blueberries. Either will work fine. In fact, you can substitute with any berry that you like with a similar result. Just be aware that changing the ingredients will alter the nutrition.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Sausage Pancake Muffins | Keto, Gluten Free
- Low Carb Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with Creamy Lemon Sauce
- Keto Waffles
Blueberry Pancake Casserole with Blueberry Syrup | Keto, Gluten Free
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, water, vanilla, cream cheese, coconut flour, protein powder, and baking powder. Blend until smooth, then pour into prepared dish and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the blueberries on top of the batter. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until it is just turning brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the pancake casserole is baking, make the syrup. Combine the maple syrup and the blueberries in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer until the blueberries burst, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
- When the casserole is finished, serve topped with confectioners erythritol and syrup if desired.