These Low carb Sausage Pancake Muffins are the perfect addition to your weekly meal prep. They are super easy to make and freeze and reheat really well! Dip them into your favorite sugar free syrup or enjoy them as is.
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
If you know me at all, then you know that I love meals I can make ahead ahead of time. I live and die by my meal prep and I am always looking for recipes that reheat – or even better, freeze really well. And If they are recipes that my entire family likes then that’s even better!
This recipes is a take on one of my kids favorite breakfasts – Pancakes and sausage! All my kids, plus my husband LOVED this recipe and that is such a rare occurrence that I knew I had a winner!
This recipe is perfect for meal prep, because these muffins are a complete meal and freeze and reheat really well!
To freeze them, just allow them to completely cool and then place inside a freezer safe container (I usually just use gallon freezer bags) and freeze.
Reheating from frozen is just as easy. I just wrap two muffins in a paper towel and place on a microwave safe plate. Microwave them in 30 second intervals until they are heated through – easy peasy!
If you don’t want to freeze them, they will keep in the fridge for about 1 week. I usually make a quadruple batch and leave about a weeks worth in the fridge and put the rest in the freezer.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes from This Mom’s Menu:
Did you make this recipe?
Don’t forget to rate and review it below. Also, be sure to tag @thismomsmenu and hashtag it #thismomsmenu on Instagram!
Sausage Pancake Muffins
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F and prepare a muffin tray with non-stick spray and/or paper liners.
- Completely cook the sausage, and drain any excess grease.
- Combine the eggs, water, almond flour, cream cheese, vanilla, stevia, and baking powder in a blender. Pulse until smooth, scraping the sides down as needed.
- Distribute half of the sausage crumbles into the bottom of the muffin tin. Top with half of the pancake batter, then repeat until the you have used up all of the sausage and batter.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until done. Allow them to cool for a few minutes, then remove from muffin tin and serve with sugar free maple syrup.