This recipe for Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars is the stuff your dreams are made of. Delicious and creamy cheesecake sandwiched between two layers of gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, what could be better?
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
The best way to eat a cookie, in my opinion, is to turn it into a bar. Not only does it become more substantial – but also more delicious in my opinion.
These chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars are no exception!
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the chocolate chip cookie layers:
- Butter – you can use ghee or butter flavored coconut oil for dairy-free
- Lakanto Golden – Lakanto golden is my favorite brown sugar substitute, but you can use any substitute or even regular brown sugar if you’d like.
- Almond Flour
- Vanilla Protein Powder – I use About Time Protein Powder!
- Unflavored Gelatin Powder – This keeps the cookie layer nice and soft, but you can leave it out if you don’t have any.
- Baking Soda and Salt
- Chocolate Chips – I use Lily’s!
For Cheesecake Layer:
- Cream Cheese
- Erythritol or sweetener of choice
- Sour Cream
- Heavy Cream
Tips for making the perfect cookie bars:
- I used an 8×8 pan for the bars in the pictures, but I felt they were a little too thick. I recommend sticking with the 7×11 pan listed in the instructions.
- The bottom cookie layer will not be completely baked before you add the cheesecake batter. it should only be slightly baked to prevent the cheesecake from falling to the bottom of the pan.
- Make sure that you cover the pan with foil after adding the cheesecake and remaining cookie dough. Otherwise, the cookies on top will overbake.
- When the bars are fone baking the center will still be slightly jiggly, but it should firm up as it cools.
- With that in mind, I recommend making sure that the bars are completely cooled before slicing and serving.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Low Carb Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Banana Bread Bottomed Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
For the cookie layer:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 7×11 baking dish with parchment and spray the parchment with non-stick spray. **If you don’t have this size dish, you could also use an 8×8 or 9×9 dish.
- Prepare the cookie layer: Combine the butter and the Lakanto Golden in a large bowl, using an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy and the sweetener has begun to melt. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Next, add the almond flour, protein powder, gelatin, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined.Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread about 2/3 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, into an even layer. Put the remaining cookie dough into the refrigerator.
- Place the pan onto a cookie sheet and into the oven for 9-10 minutes. You want them to be just baked through, but not yet browned.
- While the bottom cookie layer is in the oven, Combine the cream cheese, erythritol and vanilla in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, heavy cream, and egg to the cream cheese mixture and continue mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cookie layer is finished baking, pour the cheesecake batter on top.
- Remove the remaining cookie dough from the fridge and drop by the spoonful on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil and return to the oven for an additional 40-45 minutes.
- When finished the cheesecake will still be only slightly jiggly. Allow to cool at room temp for at least 30 minutes, and then in the fridge until completely cool before slicing.