If you are looking for the best keto chocolate chip cookies then look no further! This recipe is super easy and the result is a delicious cookie that is perfectly soft and chewy.
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie? They are like a hug from the inside and right now I think that a hug would probably do us all some good.
These cookies are really easy to make and you can bake them all at once, or freeze the dough and then bake them a few at a time whenever you feel like a cookie!
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Butter – I haven’t tried but if you want to make these cookies dairy-free you can try Nutiva Butter Flavored Coconut Oil.
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Flour
- Vanilla Protein Powder – I like to use About Time protein!
- Unflavored Gelatin Powder – This is essential for keeping the cookies soft and chewy.
- Baking Soda
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips – I use Lily’s Chocolate!
- Lakanto Golden Sweetener or another brown sugar substitute.
Right now you can get 10% off of all Lakanto products with the code “THISMOMSMENU” when you order from the Lakanto Website!
Tips for making the perfect low carb cookie
These cookies are SO easy to make. The most important thing about making these cookies compared to traditional cookies is that you MUST chill the dough before baking.
This prevents the cookies from spreading too much and becoming thin and definitely not soft and chewy.
Also, be aware that when the cookies are initially removed from the oven they will be super soft and fragile. As they cool, they will become sturdier and will be easy to handle 🙂
How to Freeze the Cookie Dough
If you are like me and can’t be trusted with a full batch of cookies sitting around, then this is the tip for you!
After preparing the cookie dough, scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Don’t allow the cookies to touch, but you don’t have to leave the full 2″ between them either.
Place the cookie sheet full of the formed dough into the freezer. Freeze until completely solid, then transfer the cookie dough to a tightly sealed freezer safe container for up to 6 months.
To cook from frozen, preheat the oven to 350 degrees f and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the frozen cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet leaving 2″ between each cookie.
Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to brown. Remove them from the oven and then allow them to cool slightly before serving.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Low Carb Milano Cookies
- Keto Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Low Carb Triple Chocolate and Peppermint Cookies
- Keto Wedding Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookies | Soft & Chewy, Low Carb
- Electric Mixer
- Cookie Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Combine the butter and the Lakanto Golden in a large bowl, using an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy and the sweetener has begun to melt.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Next, add the almond flour, protein powder, gelatin, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Chill the dough for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool slightly before serving.