You would never guess that this chocolate cheesecake is completely keto friendly and super easy to make in the instant pot!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I have a strong belief that dessert isn’t worth having unless it includes chocolate or cheesecake, so combining the two takes it to an entirely new level!
I am ashamed to admit that it never occurred to me to even try making a keto chocolate cheesecake until someone asked about it on my chocolate peanut butter cheesecake recipe. As soon as I read the comment I knew I had to make it and I am so glad that I did!
- Baker’s Chocolate can be swapped with stevia-sweetened chocolate such as Lily’s, just be sure to adjust the added sweetener.
- If you want to reduce the calories and fat you can substitute Neufantchel cheese (reduced fat cream cheese) for the regular cream cheese. Just be sure to check the carbs as many varieties have a higher carb count than traditional cream cheese.
- Erythritol – I have made this recipe with both confectioners Swerve and powdered Lakanto and both turned out great. If you use Lakanto, you may need to reduce the sweetener by up to half.
Cut the carbs and calories down quite a bit by making the cheesecake without the crust. The cheesecake is so delicious, that you won’t mind a bit!
Necessary kitchen tools
- Obviously, I recommend cooking this cheesecake in an Instant Pot, but if you don’t have an instant pot you can follow the directions for baking my peanut butter cheesecake in an oven.
- You will also need a springform pan that fits into your instant pot. I use a 7″ springform pan in my 6qt instant pot with no problems.
- Aluminum foil is also necessary for covering the pan while baking as well as making a sling to get the cheesecake in and out if the pot.
- Electric mixer – it is possible to mix the cheesecake by hand, but you will certainly be in for a real workout!
Can you freeze a cheesecake?
YES! One of the best things about making a keto cheesecake is that they freeze really well making them great for meal prep and potion control alike. A single slice takes about an hour to thaw at room temp which I’ve found is just long enough to keep me from impulse eating, and short enough that I can still enjoy the occasional slice after super.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely, then slice into 8 equal pieces.
- Carefully wrap a strip of parchment paper around the middle of the cheesecake. It is fine to leave the top and bottom exposed.
- Transfer the wrapped slices to a baking sheet and place into the freezer until the cheesecake has frozen solid.
- Transfer the frozen slices to a freezer safe container (I just use a large freezer bag) and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- When you want a slice, simply pull one out of the bag, remove the
parchemntand allow it to sit at room temp until it has thawed (about 1 hour).
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Banana Bread Bottomed Cheesecake | Keto, Instant Pot
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake | Keto, Instant Pot
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake | Keto, Instant Pot
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars | Keto, Gluten Free
Chocolate Cheesecake | Keto, Instant Pot
For the Crust:
For the Cheesecake Filling:
For the Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 7″ springform pan with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chocolate crust layer. Mix until well combined.
- Using the back of a spoon, or a rubber spatula, spread the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan making it as even as possible.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes being careful that it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- Create a double boiler by placing a glass bowl (pyrex works great) over a small saucepan full of simmering water. Add the bakers chocolate to the bowl and stir until it is melted.
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and slowly stir in the heavy cream and then the cocoa. Mix until well combined, then set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese, vanilla and confectioners erythritol. Beat with an electric mixer until uniform, light and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and eggs and beat again, just until combined.
- Slowly fold in the chocolate mixture until uniform.
- Pour this mixture on top of the prepared crust. Smooth the top and gently tap it on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Cover the cheesecake with aluminum foil, crimping it around the edges for a secure fit.
- Tear off a 20″ piece of aluminum foil, and fold it into fourths lengthwise, making a long strip of foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your instant pot liner. Add the trivet with the handles down.
- Place the long foil strip in the bottom of the instant pot, on top of the trivet, with the two ends sticking up.
- Gently place the cheesecake on top of the foil strip and trivet in the instant pot and fold the 2 ends of the long foil strip over. Put the lid on the instant pot, and ensure that the valve is set to the “sealing” position.
- Set the instant pot to cook for 35 minutes on high pressure, using the manual button.
- When the cooking time has completed, allow the pressure to naturally release, then use the 2 pieces of the foil strip, carefully remove the cheesecake from the instant pot.
- Allow it to sit at room temp for at least 30 minutes before gently removing the foil and placing in the fridge. The center of the cheesecake will probably still be a little wiggly, this is completely normal and it will continue to set as it cools.
- Allow the cheesecake to chill in the fridge for at least two hours before removing from the pan, and adding chocolate topping.
For the chocolate topping:
- While the cheesecake is cooling, Create a double boiler as described above. To the bowl of the double boiler, add the bakers chocolate and the butter. Stir occasionally until both are fully melted.
- Gradually whisk in the heavy cream a little at a time.
- Whisk in the sweetener and set aside to cool It will thicken as it cools.
- When the cheesecake has cooled and you have removed it from the springform pan, pour the chocolate topping over the top of the cheesecake and spread it to the edge.