This Keto Southern Style Meatloaf is a low carb version of the classic comfort food. It has all the flavor that you would expect in this southern staple, with none of the carbs!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
“Meatloaf, shmeatloaf, double beatloaf – I HATE meatloaf”
Name that movie?
If you didn’t say A Christmas Story, then stop reading this and go watch that movie ASAP. You obviously have some brushing up to do.
OK – All kidding aside, as a kid I, just like Randy, hated meatloaf. Or rather I thought I hated it.
Then one day that all changed. I was on my way home from a road trip to New Orleans when we stopped in for lunch at a cafeteria style restaurant somewhere in Mississippi.
It was an odd time of day and the only meal they had ready was meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I was starving, and hangry and probably hung over. So I decided to go for it.
As you have probably guessed by now, that meatloaf was amazing. It was so simple, but when I took that perfect bite of meatloaf and mashed potatoes it changed everything I thought I knew about myself. That’s obviously an exaggeration, but you get it.
BTW – if you are asking yourself the question “why bother making meatloaf if I can’t have mashed potatoes on my keto diet” then be sure to check out my recipe for The Best Ever Mashed Cauliflower. It’s a solid stand in for the real thing.
Ingredients and substitutions
The ingredients in this meatloaf are SO simple. You can sub the ground beef with ground turkey, but try to keep it 85% lean. If it’s any leaner, it will be super dry and if it’s any fattier, it will fall apart.
The seasonings are just the way I like them, but that’s obviously a personal preference so feel free to adjust them to your taste.
The only other ingredient is the Ketchup. You can use any ketchup that you like, But I have linked to the ones I like below.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- The BEST Ever Mashed Cauliflower
- Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Pork Chops
- Keto Shrimp and Grits
Did you make this recipe?
Don’t forget to rate and review it below! Also, be sure to tag @thismomsmenu and hashtag it #thismomsmenu on Instagram!
Keto Southern Style Meatloaf
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the ketchup. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf shape in a 9×13″ baking dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon some of the drippings over the top of the meatloaf, then spread the ketchup evenly over the top of the meatloaf and return to oven.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted into the center of the meatloaf.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes before slicing.