Lox and bagels are one of my all time favorite combinations. This recipe for Lox and Cream Cheese Cucumber Rolls brings all the delicious flavors you want in a typical lox and bagel dish – with none of the carbs. Share it at parties as a delicious and fresh appetizer, or keep it to yourself for a great no cook meal!
These cucumber rolls are super versatile. To keep the traditional bagel flavor, I used Trader Joes Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. But, you could try mixing in your favorite fresh herbs or vegetables.
Some other combinations that I think would be great are dill and red onion, and chives with a little garlic powder.
If you are serving these as an appetizer, you can slice the cucumber and mix the cream cheese spread ahead of time, but it’s best to wait to roll them with the salmon until you are ready to serve them.
I used a vegetable peeler to get my cucumber into thin, even strips but you could also use a mandolin. I used plain ol’ cucumber, but an English cucumber should work as well.
If you enjoy this recipe, please do me a HUGE favor and leave a review in the comments below! I love getting your feedback 🙂
Lox and Cream Cheese Cucumber Rolls
- 1 large cucumber
- 4 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 tbsp Everything but the bagel seasoning plus extra for serving
- Using a vegetable peeler, or a mandolin, slice the cucumber into thin strips lengthwise. If you get to the seeds, rotate the cucumber and begin slicing from another side. Discard the outermost "peel" layer. Continue until you have 12 slices ~ 1-2" wide.
- Lay the cucumber strips out onto a cutting board and gently pat them with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and the bagel seasoning.
- Spread about 1 to 2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture, evenly onto the cucumber strips. Then, top with a thin layer of smoked salmon, leaving about 1 1/2" at the end without salmon.
- Gently roll the cucumbers lengthwise. Sprinkle with additional seasoning and Enjoy!