These waffles are a great way to start any day! They are low carb, gluten free and most importantly delicious! Enjoy them topped with your favorite syrup and plenty of butter!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I know, I know … you see the words “low carb” or “grain free” and your mind instantly says “dry, cardboard, flavorless …” But, I’m here to change all that! These waffles are everything you could want in the classic breakfast staple. they are fluffy, buttery and full of great flavor, I promise!
I don’t add any sweetener to the batter, so they are also a great, low carb and grain free substitute for traditional bread. They freeze really well and you can reheat them by simply popping them in the toaster making these the perfect meal prep staple.
We eat them almost every weekend, and I usually triple or even quadruple the recipe to have some extras on hand throughout the week!
I love these waffles topped with sugar free syrup and plenty of butter, but my kids love them smeared with peanut butter!
Also, since many of you have asked, I use the Oster DuraCeramic Belgian Waffle Maker – which is a real steal at less then $20! I hated to spend a ton on a waffle maker that I knew I wasn’t going to use daily so the price was just right, plus it’s small enough that it doesn’t take up too much space, and big enough that it makes a good size waffle.
Check out these other great posts from This Mom’s Menu:
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a rating and review in the comments below!
Fluffy Low Carb Waffles
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk or original unsweetened almond milk + 1/4 tsp of vanilla
- 4 tbsp of melted butter or coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- Preheat waffle maker to high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Then, in a separate bowl, whisk eggs, then add cream, almond milk, and butter or oil, whisking until well combined.
- Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until combined.
- Spray waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray if needed. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto hot waffle maker, close and cook for several minutes, until steam coming from waffle maker slows down a bit. Slowly open the waffle maker (if it doesn't open easily, your waffle likely needs to cook longer) remove waffle and repeat with remaining batter.