Making your own homemade Greek Tzatziki sauce could not be any easier! This sauce is great as a dip for vegetables or pita bread - or served on your favorite Greek dishes.
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
What is Tzatziki Sauce?
If you are new to Tzatziki then you are in for a real treat! While individual recipes will vary Tzatziki is a yogurt-based sauce that is usually flavored with cucumbers, dill, garlic, and lemon.
How to make Tzatziki sauce?
Luckily homemade tzatziki couldn't be any easier to make. simply combine the following ingredients in a bowl and let it chill until you are ready to serve
- Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- Grated English cucumber
- White vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to store leftover tzatziki:
Tzatziki sauce will keep in the fridge for about 5 days. Occasionally it does separate some when in the fridge, so be sure to give it a stir before serving. Unfortunately, Tzatziki does not freeze well.
What to eat with Homemade Tzatziki Sauce:
- Serve it as a dip for raw vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, or celery.
- Serve it with your favorite crackers (check out this recipe for Keto Crackers!) or warmed pita bread.
- Try it on my Greek Meatballs
- Use it as a dressing in this Greek Mason Jar Salad
- Enjoy it on some homemade Chicken Schwarma
Low Carb Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: if you prefer a thicker sauce, place the grated cucumber in cheesecloth or a clean towel and squeeze to remove some excess liquid. The more liquid you squeeze out, the thicker the sauce will be.
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.