Spruce up your Thanksgiving leftovers with the super simple sandwich. It has all the flavors of a Thanksgiving dinner and only takes minutes to make!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Confession … I might just look forward to this Thanksgiving Sandwich more than my actual Thanksgiving dinner. It’s seriously delicious, super filling and unlike your actual Thanksgiving dinner, it’s actually pretty easy to make!
I’ve made some version of this sandwich for years and each year I tweak it just a little bit based upon the leftovers I have on hand. Don’t be afraid to play with the flavors.
For the bread I adjusted the famous 90 second bread. If you aren’t familiar with this bread definitely check it out and prepare to be amazed!
The bread is meant to be microwaved, and you certainly can do that, but if I have the time I much prefer to bake it as I think baking lends a better texture.
To make a typical square sandwich, prepare the bread in a square dish that is approximately 5×5″ (obviously be sure to choose one that is suitable for microwave or oven use). Once the bread is done baking, allow it to cool some before removing from the baking dish, then carefully slice it in half horizontally.
I like to toast the sandwich once it is assembled to melt the cheese and crisp the bread, but you can enjoy it hot or cold.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes from This Mom’s Menu:
Low Carb Thanksgiving Sandwich
For the bread:
- 1 oz White Cheddar Cheese or Brie Cheese thinly sliced
- 4 oz Roasted Turkey Breast thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
- 1 handful Fresh Spinach Leaves cleaned and dried
- The bread can be baked in the oven or microwaved. If you plan on baking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a square oven (or microwave) safe dish (about 5×5″ or 4×4″).
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Then add the egg and melted butter. Stir well and transfer to the prepared dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven OR microwave for 90 seconds.
- Allow the bread to cool slightly before removing from the baking dish. Carefully slice it in half horizontally.
- Layer the sandwich toppings between the bread slices. To serve warm, transfer to a greased skillet and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until the cheese has melted and the bread is nice and toasty. The sandwich can also be served cold.
- To make the cranberry dijon mayo dipping sauce, simply combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.