These insanely addictive pizza stuffed breadsticks make the perfect low carb lunch or snack that the entire family will love! Serve them with some of my easy homemade marinara for the perfect combination!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
We are a pizza family. It’s pretty much the only thing that my family of 6 can agree on.
These pizza stuffed breadsticks are a great way to get your pizza fix, without eating an entire pie. They make a great lunch for kids and adults alike and they are also a great meal when paired with a nice salad.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Xanthan Gum – This is optional but improves the texture of the bread.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Stick with Low moisture cheese to prevent the dough from becoming too loose.
- String Cheese Sticks – You can also use sliced mozzarella cheese as well, or sub with your favorite cheese!
- Butter, Garlic & Onion Powders, Parsley, and Grated Parmesan Cheese are all optional for topping, but HIGHLY recommended!
Tips for making these keto stuffed breadsticks
- The dough can take a bit to come together. I find that using an electric mixer helps tremendously!
- The dough is easier to shape when it is slightly warm, but it will maintain it’s shape better if you chill it before baking.
- The formed breadsticks can be chilled in the fridge for several hours before baking or even frozen for up to six months!
- To bake from frozen, I recommend allowing them to thaw before baking.
- You can also freeze them after baking and then just pop them in the oven and bake as directed, adding an additional 5-7 minutes on to the baking time.
Make sure that you try my easy low carb marinara sauce recipe with these breadsticks! They are a match made in heaven!
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Upside Down Pizza Casserole | Keto, Gluten Free
- Homemade Low Carb Frozen Pizzas
- Keto Meatball Sub Muffins
- Low Carb Pizza Dip with Garlic Breadsticks
- Baked Pizza Cheese Crisps
Keto Stuffed Breadsticks
For the breadsticks:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Mix well and set aside
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute, then remove from the microwave and stir. Return to microwave and cook for an additional 1 minute and 30 seconds, remove and stir again. At this point the cheeses should be melted together. If any of the cheese is not yet melted, return to the microwave in 30 second intervals until the cheeses are all melted and mixed together.
- Add the almond flour mixture in with the melted cheese. Add the eggs and begin mixing with a rubber spatula until you have a smooth, uniform dough.
- Divide the dough evenly into 10 pieces. One at a time, form each piece of dough into a bread stick shape, about 1 inch longer than the string cheese.
- Set two pepperoni side by side in the center of the dough, top with half of a string cheese.
- Gently wrap the dough around the cheese and pepperoni. Once formed, Place the breadsticks on the prepared baking sheet and refridgerate for 10 minute, up to overnight.
- Place all the breadsticks onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While they are baking, prepare the topping by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- When the breadsticks are done baking, brush them with the topping.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.