This delicious keto strawberry dessert strikes the perfect balance of sweet and tangy! They are perfectly chewy and moist and make a great summer dessert!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I don't know about you, but strawberry + lemon might just be one of the most epic fruit flavor combos!
These bars have a texture that is similar to brownies but with a fruity twist, they are perfect for summer and spring. The tangy lemon glaze is optional but highly recommended!
What you'll need for the keto strawberry bars:
Butter, Egg, Baking powder, salt, and almond flour are all ingredients that I DO NOT recommend substituting or leaving out. I always get questions about swapping almond flour for coconut flour, but I don't recommend it in this recipe.
Low Carb Sweetener - I used powdered monk fruit blend in this recipe, but you can use any sweetener that you like. If you are not avoiding sugar, you can even use cane sugar.
Strawberry Extract is an optional ingredient, but it does help to increase the strawberry flavor, which never hurts right?
Sugar-Free Strawberry Gelatin Mix - This is where the majority of the strawberry flavor comes from. It also adds extra sweetness and the gelatin is what makes the texture of these bars so perfect.
While adding the gelatin is a must, feel free to play around with the flavor to completely change up these bars. Some combinations that I want to try are:
- Orange with a vanilla glaze
- Cherry with an orange glaze (if this sounds good to you then be sure to check out my orange cherry muffins!)
- Lime with a coconut glaze.
Fresh strawberries are optional but encouraged. Whenever I am using artificial flavoring in a recipe, I find that adding even a small amount of the real things improves the taste exponentially.
How to make the lemon glaze:
This glaze is so easy that you won't even believe it! Just mix together some lemon juice (fresh is best of course), powdered sweetener, lemon zest, and then milk if needed to thin it out.
How to store leftover bars:
Leftovers will keep at room temperature, in a sealed container for about 4 days. After that, I recommend transferring them to the freezer. As long as they are stored in a tightly sealed container they should stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To prepare from frozen, simply thaw the bars in the fridge and then enjoy!
If you like this, then Be sure to check out these other great recipes from This Mom's Menu:
- Strawberry Poke Cake | Low Carb, Gluten-Free
- Low Carb Fruit Pizza
- Berry Rhubarb Jam
- Upside Down Lemon Blueberry Cake | Keto, Gluten-Free
- Raspberry Almond Chia Pudding
- Keto Lemon Lush
Keto Strawberry Dessert Bars with Lemon Glaze
For the bars
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar Substitute
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest Plus additional for garnish
- ½-1 tablespoon Milk if needed
- Preheat the oven to 325° F and grease an 8x8" baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sweetener, egg, and strawberry extract until well combined and the sweetener is beginning to melt. Add the almond flour, gelatin mix, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Fold in strawberries if using. Then transfer this mixture to the prepared dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean.
- Once they are finished baking, set them aside to cool. Meanwhite, prepare the glze.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir until smooth adding milk if needed to reach desired consistency. The glaze should be thin and pourable.
- Once the bars have cooled, use a pasrty brush or spoon to spread the glaze over the bars. Sprinkle with additional lemon zest if desired. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later and enjoy!
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.