Chocolate, marshmallows, and graham cracker cereal all come together to make these easy and delicious S'Mores Bars. Best of all there is no campfire required!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
S'Mores are one of my favorite treats. They are the quintessential campfire treat, and can be enjoyed all year round in my opinion!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Butter, margarine, coconut oil, or ghee
- Mini Marshmallows
- Golden Grahams Cereal or Graham Snack Crackers (such as teddy Grahams, scooby snacks, or goldfish Grahams) broken into bite-sized pieces. If you can't get golden graham cereal in your area, check out this recipe to make your own!
- Chocolate Bars and/or chips. I like to use a mixture of dark and milk chocolate.
See the recipe card for quantities.
These S'Mores Bars only require the most basic equipment. To make these you will need:
- 9x13 inch baking dish
- Large pot
- Mixing spoon and/or a rubber spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
I also suggest having a pastry brush for greasing the baking dish with butter but you can also use cooking spray or even your hands if you don't mind getting a little messy 😊
Before you get started ...
Measure all of the ingredients and have them ready to go. If you are using chocolate bars, it's helpful if you have them broken into chunks before starting to prepare this recipe. You will also want to grease your baking dish with softened butter or cooking spray.
These bars are SO easy to make and only take a few minutes of hands-on time!
Start out by melting the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
Add the vanilla, salt, and almost all of the marshmallows to the pot with the butter, reserving ¾ of a cup of marshmallows for later. Continue cooking over medium heat stirring frequently until they are fully melted.
Remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat and stir in the golden graham cereal and about ¾ of the chocolate (no need to be exact 😉). Work quickly so the marshmallows won't set.
Transfer this mixture to the greased baking dish using your hands or a spatula to flatten the mixture into an even layer.
Tip: Use wet hands to press the marshmallow and graham mixture into the baking dish. The water will prevent it from sticking to your hands.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate pieces and marshmallows on top of the graham mixture. Gently press them into the mixture.
Optional: Cook the S'mores bars under your oven's broiler for 2-4 minutes until the marshmallows on top are nice and golden. Be sure to watch them the entire time so they do not burn.
Allow the S'more bars to sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
These S'more bars will keep at room temperature for up to a week. Be sure to keep them tightly sealed to prevent them from getting stale.
To make these bars you will need, butter, mini marshmallows, chocolate, graham cereal, vanilla, and salt.
- Use wet hands to press the marshmallow and graham mixture into the baking dish. The water will prevent it from sticking to your hands.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Large Pot
- Mixing Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- Broiler optional
- Grease a 9x13" pan and set it aside.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, melt the butter.5 tablespoon Butter
- Add 11 cups of marshmallows (reserve the remaining cup for later), vanilla, and salt. Stir them in with the butter until they are fully melted.12 cups Mini Marshmallows, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, pinch Salt
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted, remove them from the heat and stir in the golden grahams and ¾ of the chocolate pieces (just under a cup) until fully combined.8 cups Golden Grahams Cereal, 9 oz Chocolate Bars
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining marshmallows and chocolate pieces, gently pressing them into the bars.
- Optional: Cook the bars under your oven's broiler for 2-4 minutes or until the marshmallows on top are golden brown. Watch them the entire time that they are broiling so that they do not burn!
- Allow them to completely cool before slicing into 12 bars and serving.
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.