This Red, White and Blue Summer Salad is one of my all time favorite summertime side dishes! The combination of the sweet berries, with the salty feta cheese and tangy dressing will have your taste buds singing. Serve it as a side dish at summer barbecues or add some cooked and diced chicken to make it a complete meal.
I have a confession … I am not a big salad eater.
Most of the time if I do eat one, it’s more of an after thought. Just something I toss together right before supper.
But, during the summer, I do love a good fresh salad. It keeps me from spending too much time over a hot stove and it cools me down with the weather is hot 🙂
I only serve this with my Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing but a simple balsamic vinaigrette would work well also.
Red, White and Blue Summer Salad
- 6 cups lettuce rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries washed
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Creamy Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing or dressing of choice Optional
- Place the chopped lettuce in the bottom of a large salad bowl. Top with the remaining ingredients.