Keto Garlic Bread Pizza Dip is the perfect appetizer or snack to serve at any gathering! Customize it with your favorite toppings to make it your own.
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Superbowl LIII is just around the corner, and while I could care less about the game – I take my Superbowl snacks seriously.
My Superbowl spread usually features all the usual suspects. Chicken wings, cheese dip, bell pepper nachos, Jalapeno poppers … you know the drill. But this year I wanted to make something different.
I decided to try my hand at a low carb version of a Tasty recipe for Garlic Knot Pizza Dip and I am SO glad that I did! It turned out so great and I love that it is easy to customize and that even those people who aren’t counting their carbs will love it.
Ingredients and substitutions
The ingredients in this dip are pretty standard. As I mentioned about, you can leave out the marinara if you don’t like it or if you don’t have it.
I opted to top the dip with only pepperoni, but feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings. Olives, sliced onion, mushrooms, sausage – really anything!
The garlic bread is the same recipe that I use in my upside down pizza casserole. It’s just a modified fathead dough, so if you don’t like fathead dough, you may want to substitute it with something else.
You may notice that in the original recipe the dip and the garlic knots are cooked together in the same pan. I tried to do that, but it was hard to get the bread sticks crisp enough for my liking so I just used put the dip in an oven-safe bowl, set it in a cast iron skillet, then arranged the bread sticks around it that way it can still all cook at once and the presentation is super fun!
If you don’t have an
Besides the breadsticks, this dip pizza dip would also be great with:
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
Garlic Bread Pizza Dip
For the Breadsticks:
For the Dip:
For the dip:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an oven-safe skillet (approximately 12″) with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, parmesan, 3/4 cup of the mozzarella, basil, and garlic powder.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the bottom of a round oven-safe dish with at least a 5 cup capacity. Top with dollops of the cheese mixture, evenly dispersing evenly over the marinara.
- Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, then with the pepperoni or other pizza toppings.
For the Breadsticks:
- Combine the mozzarella cheese with the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30-second intervals until the 2 cheeses are melted and combine easily.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and egg. Stir to combine – I find it easiest to use a rubber spatula.
- Using wet hands, form the dough into small breadsticks, about 1″x3″. Arrange the formed breadsticks in the skillet around the dip and with the long side of the breadstick verticle.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the breadsticks are cooked through and the dip is golden brown.
- While the dip and breadsticks are in the oven, prepare the topping by combining the melted butter and spices. When the breadsticks are finished baking, drizzle them with the butter topping.