Moo Goo Gai Pan is an Americanized version of a Chinese chicken and vegetable stir-fry. This recipe is a low carb take on the Chinese takeout staple.
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Chinese food …
Ingredients and Substitutions
Chicken – I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts but chicken thighs would work as well. If you want to make it vegetarian you could also use tofu.
Vegetables – You can really use any vegetables that you want. I chose the ones that are my personal favorite, but other common veggies include carrots, and Napa cabbage.
Soy Sauce – You can substitute liquid
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Chinese Chicken and Broccoli | Keto
- Mongolian Beef | Keto, Instant Pot
- Korean Ground Beef | Keto
- Thai Peanut Curry with Chicken | Keto
Moo Goo Gai Pan | Keto, Gluten Free
- 2 tbsp Oil Divided, I use Avocado Oil
- 2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Sliced into thin strips
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken Broth divided
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 8 oz Can Water Chestnuts Drained
- 8 oz Shiitake Mushrooms Washed and sliced
- 14.5 oz Can Baby Corn Drained
- 8 oz Can Bamboo Shoots Drained
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Liquid Stevia
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Green Onions Sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet or Wok over medium-high heat. Season the Chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the hot oil.
- Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the pan add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and the chicken broth, keeping it over medium-high heat.
- Once the chicken broth begins to simmer, add the broccoli, cook until they turn a vibrant green. This should only take a minute or two. Then add the snow peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms, baby corn, and bamboo shoots.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 3-5 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the vegetables are cooking, Combine the soy sauce, stevia, garlic, sesame oil, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Return the chicken to the pan, stir then add the soy sauce mixture and stir again. Cook just until everything is hot then remove from heat and stir in the green onions.