This Keto Kung Pao “Spaghetti” is so easy to make in just about 20 minutes! I like to make it with chicken but you can use any protein you like for a dish everyone will love!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
This is a low carb twist on a dish from Damn Delicious that I used to make all the time. It’s great with just about any protein, and I’ve even made it without any meat to serve as a side dish.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Chicken Breast – As I mentioned above, you really can use just about any protein. Chicken thighs, steak, pork, shrimp or even tofu would all work really well!
- Peanuts – The peanuts add a great flavor and texture. You can leave them out or substitute with cashews.
- Soy Sauce – Coconut aminos or liquid aminos can be swapped for the soy sauce.
- Chili Garlic Sauce – I HIGHLY recommend sticking with this, but in a pinch, you could get away with subbing minced garlic (about 1 tsp) and sriracha to taste.
- Liquid stevia – I prefer using liquid stevia in most sauces. I don’t use enough to notice any bitter aftertaste. If you don’t have liquid stevia or don’t want to use it, you can swap it out for any sweetener of your choice.
- Red wine vinegar – Apple cider vinegar, rice wine vinegar or even basic white vinegar will all work in place of the red wine vinegar.
- Vegetables – The zoodles are what make this a spaghetti dupe, but you can use any veggies that you like. I like it with broccoli, and my kids like it when I toss in some shredded carrots. I also strayed from the original recipe with the addition of snow peas, but you can leave those out if you don’t like them.
Want to make it a meal prep?
This is one of my favorite dishes to meal prep. It makes a great, light lunch and since it tastes so good, I pretty much never get sick of it 🙂
If you want to make this Kung Pao Spaghetti in advance you will follow the recipe exactly, except skip adding the zoodles. Then, store the zoodles separately, and stir them in just before reheating.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Chinese Chicken and Broccoli | Keto
- Moo Goo Gai Pan | Keto, Gluten Free
- Keto Korean Ground Beef
- Mongolian Beef | Keto, Instant Pot
Kung Pao “Spaghetti” | Keto
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp Oil I use avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Garlic Chili Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Liquid Stevia
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 4 cups Zucchini spiralized
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the hot oil.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking mix the soy sauce, chicken broth, garlic, garlic chili sauce, stevia, vinegar, and sesame oil in a bowl. Whisk in the xanthan gum and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, reduce heat to medium and stir in the soy sauce mixture. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the snow peas, green onions, peanuts, and zoodles. Cook stirring frequently for about 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are done to your liking.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens.