Enjoy this slightly sweet Keto Cornbread warm and smeared with butter for a delicious bread that will go great with all your favorite comfort foods.
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
When it comes to cornbread, there are two kinds of people.
There are those who like the dry and not at all sweet cornbread that can be made from a box of jiffy mix, and then there are the rest of us who prefer a moister and slightly sweet cornbread.
I hesitated to share a cornbread recipe because I really wanted to get it right and I wasn’t sure just how to do it. Then, a few weeks ago when I was testing recipes for my Keto Hawaiian Sweet Rolls recipe, my husband (who also doubles as my taste tester) told me that one of my trials tasted like cornbread.
He was totally right, and with a little tweaking I had a cornbread recipe that I was ready to share.
Ingredients and substitutions
Most of the ingredients in this recipe are pretty standard and I don’t recommend substituting anything.
Just like with my Hawaiian Rolls, this recipe calls for quite a bit of baking powder, so you will want to use aluminum free if at all possible to prevent any bitterness.
I also used xanthan gum in this recipe to give the bread a more cake-like texture which is my preference in a good cornbread. If you prefer a dryer, more crumbly cornbread, or you don’t have any xanthan gum, you can get away with leaving it out.
Lastly, I added some cornbread flavoring oil (linked below) from OOOflavors to really amp up the cornbread flavor. You can leave it out, and you will still have a delicious bread, but do yourself a favor and add it in, you won’t be sorry!
Be sure to check out these other great recipes from This Mom’s Menu:
Did you make this recipe?
Don’t forget to rate and review it below! Also, be sure to tag @thismomsmenu and hashtag it #thismomsmenu on Instagram!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 baking dish with butter.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and butter. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until the mixture is melted and smooth. Usually, about 2-3 minutes is needed.
- Remove from the microwave and add the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Stir to combine, returning to the microwave if the cheeses start to harden.
- Add the eggs and cornbread flavoring, then combine again. I found it easiest to use my hands for this part.
- Once everything is mixed together well, transfer to the prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the bread springs back when lightly pushed.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.