This recipe for Keto Cinnamon Swirl Bread is the perfect breakfast treat for the entire family! It’s low carb, gluten free and has no added sugar. Enjoy it as is, or try it toasted with butter.
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I have said it a million times, but I will say it again: I could eat a breakfast of bacon and eggs almost every day and die a very happy woman. On the rare occasion when I want something else – it’s usually some type of carby cinnamon baked good.
Something about cinnamon in the morning is so comforting and satisfying. Unfortunately, most of the usual options are far from keto friendly and even the low carb options are super high in calories.
One of my old favorite (and definitely NOT keto) breakfasts, was warm cinnamon swirl bread with butter. So good and yet so simple, plus I love that it’s not too sweet. Even before I went keto, too much sweet in the morning made me feel icky all day long.
This recipe for keto cinnamon swirl bread, brings all the cinnamon goodness of traditional cinnamon bread minus the carbs and added sugar.
The texture is a little bit more cake like then a traditional bread, but I was so happy with the taste that I decided to leave well enough alone. As I mentioned, I prefer my cinnamon bread on the less sweet side – but you can certainly increase the stevia to make it sweet enough for your preference.
On the topic of sweeteners, I MUCH prefer using confectioners erythritol in most recipes, including this one. I feel it prevents some of the graininess that comes with using granular erythritol. You can purchase ready made confectioners erythritol HERE or you can just do what I did and pulse granular erythritol in a food processor. THIS is the erythritol I used for this recipe and it worked great plus it’s cheaper per ounce then the premade confectioners.
I have to admit that when I was making this, I really DID NOT expect it to turn out as well as it did, so I have zero pictures of the baking process. As soon as I make it again I will update this post with pics!
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
Did you make this recipe?
Don’t forget to rate and review it below! Also, be sure to tag @thismomsmenu and hashtag it #thismomsmenu on Instagram!
Keto Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare a 9×5″ loaf pan with non stick spray.
- Separate the eggs into 2 large bowls.
- Add the cream of tarter to the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Add softened butter, vanilla, cream cheese, and stevia to the egg yolks. Mix until well combined. Then add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, baking powder and almond flour, stirring until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, erythritol, and the remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. This may take a few minutes as the egg yolk mixture may be fairly thick.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Evenly top with the cinnamon and butter mixture. Then the remaining egg mixture, ensuring that the mixture has been spread to the edges of the pan.
- Using a butter knife, make swirls into the bread, keeping the knife vertical to prevent too much mixing between the layers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden.