These Keto friendly Hamburger Buns are super easy, low in carbs and will make a great addition to your summer cook outs! They have an amazing flavor that stands up well no matter what toppings you throw at them!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I usually just wrap my burgers in lettuce or just eat them bunless. But, sometimes you just need a bun and these slider buns are a great substitute for the real thing.
Not only are these buns great for hamburgers, but my kids use them to make delicious sandwiches as well.
I like to make them in a smaller whoopie pie pan which makes them a perfect slider size, but you can make them in larger whoopie pie pans or use wide mouth mason jar rings to make a more traditional sized bun.
If this recipe looks familiar, you are right! When I was creating this recipe, I decided to try my Low Carb Beer Bread Recipe and it worked great! The beer flavor is subtle, and goes amazingly with burgers!
I opted to use beef tallow in the bun recipe, in place of the butter used in the bread. The beef tallow makes the outside of the bun a little bit crisp which I like in a bun. If you don't have any tallow, you can certainly use butter.
Keto Slider Buns
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 12 cavity whoopie pie pan with non-stick spray. If you don't have a whoopie pie pan, then you can also use a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the eggs, melted tallow or butter, and beer. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan Slice each bun in half and serve topped with your favorite fixins'
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.