These Keto friendly Hamburger Buns are super easy, low in carbs and will make a great addition to your summer cook outs! They have an amazing flavor that stands up well no matter what toppings you throw at them!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I usually just wrap my burgers in lettuce or just eat them bunless. But, sometimes you just need a bun and these slider buns are a great substitute for the real thing.
Not only are these buns great for hamburgers, but my kids use them to make delicious sandwiches as well.
I like to make them in a smaller whoopie pie pan which makes them a perfect slider size, but you can make them in larger whoopie pie pans or use wide mouth mason jar rings to make a more traditional sized bun.
If this recipe looks familiar, you are right! When I was creating this recipe, I decided to try my Low Carb Beer Bread Recipe and it worked great! The beer flavor is subtle, and goes amazingly with burgers!
I opted to use beef tallow in the bun recipe, in place of the butter used in the bread. The beef tallow makes the outside of the bun a little bit crisp which I like in a bun. If you don’t have any tallow, you can certainly use butter.
Keto Slider Buns
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 12 cavity whoopie pie pan with non-stick spray. If you don't have a whoopie pie pan, then you can also use a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the eggs, melted tallow or butter, and beer. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan Slice each bun in half and serve topped with your favorite fixins'