You won't believe how simple this low carb version of the classic NYC treat, Frozen Hot Chocolate, is
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I can already tell, this frozen hot chocolate will be on a regular around here! It's easy to make, uses ingredients that we almost always have on hand, and most importantly - it's absolutely delicious!
Ingredients and preparation:
The trickiest part of this recipe was getting the sweetness just right without any nasty aftertaste. I wound up going with a combination of liquid stevia and powdered erythritol. You can substitute this with any sweetener that you like.
Initially, I tried to make this with heavy cream, but it was hard to get it creamy enough without adding a TON of cream (and thus a ton of calories). I found half &
I love topping my frozen hot chocolate with homemade whipped cream, some extra chocolate chips, and sometimes some crushed sugar-free peppermints.
To make the homemade whipped cream I just mix heavy whipping cream, stevia, and vanilla in a shaker cup until it's thick. You could also use store-bought, sugar-free whipped cream - but like most things in life, the homemade is WAY better!
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate
- Low Carb Egg Nog
- Chocolate Peppermint Cake | Low Carb
- Keto Candy Cane Pie
- No-Churn Mint Chip Ice Cream
Frozen Hot Chocolate | Keto, No Added Sugar
- 1 cup Half and Half or canned coconut milk
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or other milk
- 2-3 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 15 drops Liquid Stevia or to taste
- ¼ cup Confectioners Erythritol or to taste
- 2 tablespoon Sugar Free Chocolate Chips optional
- 2 cups of ice
- Whipped Cream and Sugar Free Chocolate Chips for topping optional
- Combine all ingredients except ice and chocolate chips in a blender. I recommend adding the sweetener a little at a time and tasting after each addition.
- When everything is well combined and you have reached your desired level of sweetness, add the ice and chocolate chips and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens.