You won't believe how simple this low carb version of the classic NYC treat, Frozen Hot Chocolate, is
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
I can already tell, this frozen hot chocolate will be on a regular around here! It's easy to make, uses ingredients that we almost always have on hand, and most importantly - it's absolutely delicious!
Ingredients and preparation:
The trickiest part of this recipe was getting the sweetness just right without any nasty aftertaste. I wound up going with a combination of liquid stevia and powdered erythritol. You can substitute this with any sweetener that you like.
Initially, I tried to make this with heavy cream, but it was hard to get it creamy enough without adding a TON of cream (and thus a ton of calories). I found half &
I love topping my frozen hot chocolate with homemade whipped cream, some extra chocolate chips, and sometimes some crushed sugar-free peppermints.
To make the homemade whipped cream I just mix heavy whipping cream, stevia, and vanilla in a shaker cup until it's thick. You could also use store-bought, sugar-free whipped cream - but like most things in life, the homemade is WAY better!
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate
- Low Carb Egg Nog
- Chocolate Peppermint Cake | Low Carb
- Keto Candy Cane Pie
- No-Churn Mint Chip Ice Cream
Frozen Hot Chocolate | Keto, No Added Sugar
- 1 cup Half and Half or canned coconut milk
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or other milk
- 2-3 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 15 drops Liquid Stevia or to taste
- ¼ cup Confectioners Erythritol or to taste
- 2 tablespoon Sugar Free Chocolate Chips optional
- 2 cups of ice
- Whipped Cream and Sugar Free Chocolate Chips for topping optional
- Combine all ingredients except ice and chocolate chips in a blender. I recommend adding the sweetener a little at a time and tasting after each addition.
- When everything is well combined and you have reached your desired level of sweetness, add the ice and chocolate chips and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Be sure to read the entire post for tips, tricks, and help troubleshooting.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens. Optional ingredients are not included unless otherwise specified.