This easy cauliflower mac and cheese is the simple side dish that you have been looking for! It is freezer friendly and makes a great meal prep staple so you can always have some on hand!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
One of my kid's favorite things in the world is Easy Mac and honestly, I can understand the appeal. Mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food and having a delicious serving in a matter of minutes is pretty dang awesome!
This cauli mac is my version of easy mac hence the name Freezy Mac 😂Just like the original it is a single serving and cooks in the microwave. Unlike the original, it is actually good for you.
The recipe serves one, but I recommend making several batches because it will keep in the freezer for months. I use 8 ounce, wide mouth jars with plastic lids to store this cauli mac in the freezer. They are a perfect size and since they are glass you can cook and eat them all from the same container.
If you don't have these jars you can freeze the cauli mac in any freezer-safe container (including freezer bags) but be sure to empty the contents into a microwave-safe dish before cooking.
Here's what you'll need:
- Frozen Cauliflower Florets or cauliflower rice (I like to use a blend of both) It is important that you use frozen cauliflower since it has been partially cooked already.
- Heavy Cream (Half and Half or whole milk would also work)
- Cream Cheese
- Mustard or ground mustard
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese or cheese of your choosing.
How to prepare the cauli mac for freezing:
First, you will need to freeze the cream, cream cheese, and mustard in I like to use a silicone ice cube tray bt any ice cube tray will work. The recipe works much better when these ingredients are frozen separately.
After the cream mixture is frozen just assemble the containers by placing the cauliflower, salt, pepper, cheese, and the cube of frozen cream in the jar or whichever container you are using.
That's it! From there, just pop it all in the freezer until you are ready to eat it.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Slow Cooker Cauli Mac
- Zucchini Tots
- Low Carb Chicken Tenders
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- The BEST EVER Mashed Cauliflower
Freezy Mac | Easy Make Ahead Cauli Mac!
- 1 cup Frozen Cauliflower Florets
- 2 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- ½ tablespoon Cream Cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon Mustard
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Combine the heavy cream, cream cheese, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Transfer the mixture to the well of an ice cube tray and freeze until solid.
- Place the frozen cauliflower and cheddar cheese in a small freezer safe jar or a small freezer bag. Once the cream mixture is completely frozen, remove from the ice cube tray and place into the jar or bag with your cauliflower.
- Seal the container and keep frozen until ready to eat.
- To prepare from frozen, remove the lid and microwave in the jar (or empty contents of bag into a microwave safe bowl) for one-minute intervals, stirring between each interval until the cauliflower is hot and the cheeses have melted.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens.