Combine your favorite holiday drink, with everyone’s favorite dessert with this Keto Eggnog Cheesecake! It’s easy to make in your instant pot or oven.
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Cheesecakes are the perfect keto dessert to take to holiday parties. They only require slight modifications to make them low carb, so most people enjoy them regardless if they are keto or not.
Best of all they are crazy easy to make when you use an instant pot and they can even be made a couple of days in advance or even frozen for a great treat anytime.
Baking a Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Other than the crust, you can “bake” this cheesecake in your instant pot for a perfect result every single time.
If you’ve never made a cheesecake in the instant pot, then you are in for a real treat. In my opinion, an instant pot makes the BEST cheesecakes around and trust me when I say that I’ve eaten my fair share of cheesecake.
It can be a little tricky to follow the written instructions for baking in the instant pot, so I included a cooking demo video under the recipe card. It is for a keto chocolate peanut butter cheesecake, so the ingredients are different but the technique is the same. If this is your first time making a cheesecake in your IP, then be sure to check it out!
Baking a Cheesecake in the Oven
Don’t worry, if you don’t have an instant pot, you can still make this yummy Eggnog Cheesecake in the oven.
If you are baking in the oven, I highly suggest that you use a water bath. A water bath ensures that your cheesecake bakes evenly and comes out of the oven smooth and creamy.
If you are new to making cheesecakes, then this may sound super intimidating, but it’s really easy. You can check out THIS video for tips on setting up the water bath (skip to minute 3:00).
You can also skip the water bath altogether and just bake in the oven, but trust me when I say that the extra effort is SO worth it!
Keto Eggnog Cheesecake Ingredients and Substitutions:
This cheesecake is decadent. It’s low in carbs – but not in calories. If you want to lower the calories, then try substituting 1/3 fat cream cheese for the full-fat cream cheese. This will reduce the calories quite a bit, without changing the flavor too much.
You could also opt for a “crustless” cheesecake and just skip the bottom layer altogether.
Lastly, I always get lots of questions about using a different size pan. If you are baking in the oven, you can use a larger pan, just be aware that you may need to reduce the cooking time. If you are baking in the instant pot, you need to make sure that the pan you are using fits into your pot.
You probably won’t be able to get away with a smaller pan with this recipe. The filling goes right up to the top of the 7″ pan, so anything smaller would require you to divide the cake between multiple pans.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Low Carb Eggnog
- Keto Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Low Carb Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Candycane Pie
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Low Carb Banana Bread Bottomed Cheesecake
Keto Eggnog Cheesecake
For the cheesecake layer:
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F and grease a 7″ or 8″ Springform pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the crust. Mix until well combined.
- Using the back of a spoon, or a rubber spatula, spread the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan making it as even as possible.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes being careful that it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- While the crust is cooling, prepare the cheesecake filling. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, erythritol, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon using an electric hand mixer, until smooth and creamy. Add in the vanilla, sour cream, and heavy cream and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg, and mix just until combined. Be careful not to over mix the egg, as it will change the texture of the cheesecake.
- Pour this mixture into the pan, on top of prepared crust.
To bake in the instant pot:
- Wrap the cheesecake with foil – crimping around the edges so that it stays secure.
- Pour 1 1/2 cup of water into the inner liner of your instant pot and place the trivet in the bottom, keeping the handles folded up.
- Fold a large piece of aluminum foil (about 2 feet) 4 times to make a sling that you will use to lift the cheesecake out of the IP when it’s done cooking.
- Lay the sling out, and set the cheesecake on top of it, centered. Gather up the two ends and carefully lift the pan, and set it into the instant pot. Leave the sling in place, just folding the edges over.
- Secure the lid on your instant pot and set the steam vent to the sealing position.
- Press “manual” and then the + or – button to adjust the time to 35 minutes. (make sure it is set to HIGH pressure)
- When the cooking cycle ends, allow pressure to naturally release and carefully remove cheesecake from pot using the sling.
- Leave it covered for about 30 minutes, then carefully peel off the foil. Let it sit at room temp for about 1 hour, then refrigerate for about 4 hours before serving or removing from springform pan (tough, I know!)
For baking in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a large pan filled with 1/2 inch of water in the oven.
- Carefully place cheesecake into the preheated water bath in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350°F and bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is browned and the cheesecake is only slightly jiggly. Remove from oven and allow to sit at room temp for 1 hour, then in chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving or removing from springform pan.
For the whipped cream topping:
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, sweetener, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until the cream has nearly doubled in size and forms soft peaks.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the top of the whipped cream and beat again until medium peaks are formed.
- Once the cheesecake has completely cooled, top with the whipped cream and serve.