This recipe for Keto Clam Chowder is so easy, you will never be tempted by the canned stuff again! It’s a rich and hearty meal that the entire family will love.
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
It’s officially soup season and I don’t know about you, but that makes me pretty happy.
My favorite soups are creamy and hearty. I like a soup that makes a complete meal, and doesn’t feel like an appetizer, know what I mean?
This keto clam chowder, is just that and best of all it only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
Ingredients and substitutions
The ingredients for this recipe are pretty straight forward. If you are not into clams (although that’s doubtful since you’ve made it this far) you can also make this with shrimp, crap meat or even lobster.
The seasoning is pretty standard for a seafood chowder, but feel free to adjust it to your liking.
I like to use fresh cauliflower cut into bite size pieces, but to save a little prep time you could use frozen cauliflower florets as well.
Using a slow cooker
I considered making this a slow cooker recipe, but honestly it’s already so quick to make that I really didn’t see the point. If you want to make it in the slow cooker, I would cook on low for about 3 hours or high for 1 to 2 hours. Just cooking until the cauliflower is tender.
I haven’t tried this myself, so be sure to keep a close eye on it so you don’t end up with mushy cauliflower!
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Low Carb Chicken Taco Soup | Instant Pot
- Keto Shrimp and Grits
- Crock Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Soup | Keto
Did you make this recipe?
Don’t forget to rate and review it below! Also, be sure to tag @thismomsmenu and hashtag it #thismomsmenu on Instagram!
Easy Clam Chowder | Keto
- Heat a large Dutch oven or other heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook until done. Remove the bacon and set aside. Reserve 3 tbsp of the bacon drippings in the pot.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion begins to turn translucent (about 2-3 minutes). Stir in the thyme and cook an additional minute.
- Add almond milk, cream, and chicken broth. Stir well then add cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add the bay leaf, clams, and cauliflower florets. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat the medium low, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Serve topped with the cooked bacon and chopped parsley if desired.
This recipe was inspired by Damn Delicious