This Sesame Peanut Cucumber Noodle Salad is a great replacement for cold sesame noodles or traditional pasta salads. It is super refreshing and is a great side or stand-alone dish.
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Cold Sesame Peanut noodles used to be one of my summer time recipe staples. I am a sucker for a good peanut sauce and this recipe is so refreshing.
I wanted to recreate a traditional cold sesame noodle dish - without the noodles and since most of these dished already contain cucumber, I figured that cucumber noodles were the best substitute.
Cucumber - I used English cucumbers since they have smaller seeds and are easier to spiralize, but any cucumber variety will do. You could also use zucchini if the cucumber isn't your thing.
Cabbage and carrots - You can leave these ingredients out, double them, or substitute them with something else. They both add some much-needed texture and have flavors that go well with the overall dish.
I use a Vegetti Pro Spiralizer and love it! There are fancier spiralizers out there but this one gets the job done at a great price. I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT use a handheld spiralizer. From my experience, they end up wasting a lot of the vegetable behind and I've yet to use one without cutting my hands.
Want to make it in advance?
If you want to prep this ahead of time, I recommend that you store the vegetables and the dressing separately and wait to mix until you are ready to serve.
The cucumbers will release a lot of water as they sit, so I like to store them on top of a layer of paper towels to prevent them from getting mushy.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Thai Peanut Curry with Chicken | Keto, Dairy Free
- Creamy Thai Peanut Dressing | Keto
- Crock Pot Chicken Satay
- Low Carb Mason Jar Salads
- Thai Corn Fritters
- Thai Peanut Curry Squash Soup | Keto, Dairy Free
Sesame Peanut Cucumber Noodle Salad | Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- 2 meduim English Cucumbers Spiralized
- ½ cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1 cup Red Cabbage Thinly Sliced
- ½ cup Cilantro Chopped
- ¼ cup Peanuts Crushed, Optional (for garnish)
- Combine the spiralized cucumber, cabbage, carrots and cilantro in a large bowl. Set Aside
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing. Mix well until it is uniform. Note that the dressing is intentionally very thick. The cucumbers have a lot of liquid and when the dressing is mixed in with the vegetables it thins out significantly.
- Add the dressing to the cucumber mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve topped with crushed peanuts and enjoy!
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens.