Cauliflower fried rice is an easy, delicious, and healthy side dish that your entire family will love! It is a great substitute for traditional fried rice and will surely squash your cravings for take-out!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
These days cauliflower can be found in so many recipes that we would have never dreamed of in the past. Pizza, bread, alfredo sauce, buffalo wings, and yes ... rice!
Of all these substitutions, I think cauliflower most lends itself to rice. When cooked properly it has a texture that is super similar to rice and the taste is so mild that it pretty much takes on the flavor of whatever you season it with.
Cauliflower fried rice is one of my all-time favorite recipes. It is so simple and versatile. As I have written it, it makes an excellent side dish. But, you can easily make it a meal by adding your favorite protein (shrimp or chicken thighs are my favorite!)
How to make cauliflower rice:
My personal preference is to buy frozen riced cauliflower. It makes this easy recipe, even easier and the taste is just as good as fresh.
If you can't find frozen cauliflower rice, or you prefer to use fresh then just cut the cauliflower into florets and then place them in a food processor. Pulse the processor a few times until the cauliflower resembles rice.
Note: Most major grocery stores now sell fresh riced cauliflower in the produce section. After trying this several times I DO NOT recommend that you go this route. Often times there are pieces of rotten cauliflower in the bag, and even if you remove those pieces the gross flavor and smell ruin the rest of the cauliflower.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and 'Rice' Casserole
- Keto Sausage and Wild Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Low Carb Jambalaya
- Chinese Chicken and Broccoli (Take-Out Fake-Out!)
- Low Carb Filipino Pancit
- Low Carb Sesame Chicken
- Asian Roasted Vegetables
Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and peas and carrots. If you are using frozen, there is no need to thaw or cook it before adding it.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables have softened. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Use a spatula to move the vegetables to the edge of the pan, forming an empty circle in the center of the pan.
- Crack the eggs and pour them into the circle. Slowly stir the eggs with a rubber spatula until they are cooked through then stir them in with the vegetables.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil and chopped green onions.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens.