This recipe for Keto Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is the PERFECT springtime dessert. With only 3 net carbs per slice, it’s a great, low carb alternative to traditional carrot cakes. Serve it as is – or toss in some chopped pecans for some extra crunch!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Despite the snow that we have been getting this week here in southern Indiana – it is officially springtime! This carrot cake is perfect for springtime gatherings such as Easter or mothers day and with the carbs super low, it would also be a great anytime treat!
No carrot cake is complete without a cream cheese frosting, and this recipe is no exception. The frosting is a must and sets this recipe over the top.
After all, a carrot cake without frosting is really just a muffin, right?
I’m not a huge fan of nuts mixed into desserts, but you could certainly toss some chopped pecans or walnuts into the batter of this mix or even into the frosting if that’s your thing.
If you watch the video, you may notice that I used pre-shredded carrots. This was just an act of pure laziness 😏 It certainly worked, so if you are not about that grating life, then you could also use them. Just do yourself a favor and pop them in the microwave for about 2 minutes before adding them to the batter to ensure that they get cooked through.
Also, this recipe makes a single layer cake. You can easily turn this into a 2 layer cake by simply doubling the recipe.
Be sure to check out these other recipes from This Mom’s Menu:
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to rate it below, tag @thismomsmenu and hashtag it #thismomsmenu on Instagram!
Keto Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the cake:
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9" cake pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the erythritol and butter until fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in, then the almond milk and vanilla.
- Next, beat in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and spices.
- Fold in the shredded carrot and mix just until it is well integrated into the batter.
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth and uniform. Add the erythritol and vanilla and continue mixing. Add the heavy cream and stir until you have a smooth frosting. Add more heavy cream 1/2 tbsp at a time if your frosting is too thick.