These Keto Butter Crackers are the perfect canvas for your favorite dips, spreads, and toppings. They are buttery and super flaky plus they come together in a snap with only 4 ingredients!
This Mom's Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
There is no snack quite as delicious as a simple cheese and cracker. It's the perfect combination of texture and flavor plus the possibilities are really endless.
These crackers are great with just about any typical cracker topping or as a stand-alone snack. The flavor is exactly what you would expect from a butter cracker.
These are SO easy to make that you will wonder why you have gone without crackers for so long or why you have been paying an arm and a leg for subpar, store-bought low carb crackers.
Tips for making the perfect Keto Crackers
The baking times for these will vary quite a bit depending upon how thin you roll them, so I recommend keeping a close eye on the crackers throughout the baking process. Also, the thinner you roll them, the more fragile they become so try to stick to around ⅛ of an inch.
I kept the flavor very basic with just salt, but you could try mixing in your favorite seasoning combinations to change the crackers up. I plan on trying garlic, rosemary, and maybe even some basil sprinkled with Parmesan.
These crackers will keep at room temp, in a sealed container for at least a week (if they last that long!)
A few reviewers have reported that the dough is either too wet or too dry. There is a huge variation between various brands of almond flour and butter which is likely to blame. The dough should form a ball when it is the correct consistency. (refer to the video)
If you find that your dough is too wet, simply add a bit more almond flour until it reaches the right consistency.
If it is too dry or crumbly, add an extra egg white, if it is still too crumbly then add an extra tablespoon of softened butter. Continue this until the dough is the correct consistency.
I generally get about 4 crackers per serving. The exact serving size will vary depending upon how thick or thin you roll your dough as well as the size you cut the crackers.
For the most accurate serving size, divide the total number of crackers in your batch by 25 (the total servings in the entire recipe) OR weigh the entire batch, then divide that weight by 25.
Some people have complained that these crackers are too bland. That was actually my intention! I want them to be very versatile so that they will work with just about any flavor. The "Saltine" of keto crackers if you will 🙂
As I mentioned in the post, they are similar in taste to club crackers. If you want something with a bit more flavor, I encourage you to add seasonings to suit your taste. Be sure to check out the comment section for some awesome suggestions!
If you like this cracker recipe, be sure to check out these other great recipes from This Mom's Menu:
- Easy Baked Cheese Crisps 4 Ways
- Homemade Keto Granola 4 Ways
- Keto Soft Pretzel Bites
- Keto White Bread
- Low Carb Beer Bread
- Keto Slider Buns
Keto Butter Crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and almond flour using an electric hand mixer on low-medium speed.
- Add the egg whites and a pinch of salt. Continue mixing on low speed, until the mixture is uniform, and forms a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until it reaches ⅛ inch in thickness. Peel away the top layer of parchment paper and transfer the bottom layer, with the rolled out dough onto a baking sheet. Depending upon the size of your baking sheet, you may need to work in batches.
- Using a small knife or a pizza cutter to score the dough into approximately 1 ½ inch squares. Sprinkle the dough with salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crackers have turned a light brown. Then carefully remove from oven and allow to cool before gently breaking them apart along the scores.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer to a lidded container and store at room temp for up to a week. *storing in the refrigerator will prolong the life, but it can also cause the crackers to lose some of their crunch.
The nutrition information listed here is only an estimate and is simply provided as a courtesy. It nor any other information within this post should constitute medical or nutritional advice. Be sure to read all packaging and ingredient labels for potential allergens.