These Bacon and Brown Sugar Little Smokies make the perfect addition to any appetizer spread with their perfect balance of sweet and salty. They can be made in no time at all by using an air fryer.
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Don’t let the simplicity of these bacon and brown sugar little smokies fool you. They are irresistibly delicious and will please even the pickiest of people.
Traditionally they are made in the oven, but I’ve found that they somehow end up even crispier when they are cooked in the air fryer, and as a bonus it takes less time in the air fryer as well!
- Little Smokies – You can substitute sliced smoked sausage or even sliced hot dogs for the little smokies.
- Brown sugar – I used my favorite brown sugar substitute, Lakanto Golden but any variety of brown sugar or brown sugar substitute will work fine.
- Air Fryer – I use a Farberware XL air fryer and I love it. Unfortunately, it has been out of stock for ages. It is similar to a Power Air Fryer XL, so if you are in the market, you may want to check that one out.
- Toothpicks – You can get away without these, but it makes it SO much easier to cook and serve these delicious little snacks.
Want to make them in advance?
If you want to prepare these in advance, simply follow the recipe as it is written, stopping just before cooking. From this point store, the assembled little smokies in the refrigerator or even in the freezer until you are ready to cook them.
Note, that if you are cooking from frozen, you will likely need to add additional cooking time.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes from This Mom’s Menu:
Bacon and Brown Sugar Little Smokies | Air Fryer, Low Carb
- 14 oz Little Smokies
- 2/3 lb Bacon
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar Substitute
- Cut Bacon stips into thirds across the width. Put the brown sugar substitute into a shallow dish that is large enough to fit one of the bacon thirds.
- Place a slice of bacon into the brown sugar substitute and coat on all sides.
- Wrap the brown sugar coated bacon slice around one little smokie and secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat with the remaining little smokies and then arrange them in a single layer in the basket or tray of your air fryer.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the bacon is crisped to your liking, flipping halfway through.