If you love traditional Asian noodle dishes, then this Easy Low Carb Asian Noodle Bowl is for you! It’s also vegetarian and gluten-free. You Can customize it with different protein and vegetables to make it truly your own!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here (at no additional cost to you)
Have you tried shirataki noodles yet?
I have to admit that when I first tried them I was NOT a fan. I had no idea how to cook them and when they aren’t cooked properly, they can’t be rubbery and have a pretty odd flavor.
I had all but written them off when I heard one of my friends talking about how much she loved them. She shared with me her easy trick for cooking them just right, and now I LOVE them! They are perfect for Asian dishes since they mimic rice noodles nicely.
This low carb Asian noodle bowl is one of my go-to lunches. It cooks up super fast and is very versatile. You can easily swap chicken or shrimp for the eggs and the zucchini can be swapped with green beans, bean sprouts, or snow peas (or even left out entirely).
How to cook Shiritaki Noodles so they taste great:
First, rinse them REALLY well in a colander under running water, until they have no odor. Then toss them immediately into a dry skillet on medium-high heat and cook the holy heck out of them. When you think they have cooked enough, go ahead and cook them a little more. You want them to be completely dry and then some.
That’s it! See, I told you it was simple 🙂
My favorite brand of shirataki noodles is Miracle Noodle. I think they have the best texture of any that I’ve tried yet. I also LOVE that it comes in a rice variety as well as a few other shapes such as penne and macaroni. With that said, any variety of shirataki noodle will work for this recipe 😉
Be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Keto Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- Low Carb and Paleo Korean Ground Beef
- Thai Peanut Curry with Chicken
- Sesame Peanut Cucumber Noodle Salad
- Greek Zoodle Salad
- Low Carb Cajun Chicken “Pasta”
Low Carb Asian Noodle Bowl
- Thoroughly rinse the shirataki noodles in a colander, under running water. Then, toss them into a dry skillet over medium high heat. Cook until completely dry, stirring occasionally (this will take 5-8 minutes).
- While the noodles are cooking, combine the soy sauce, water, stevia, garlic, onion powder, ginger and 1/2 tsp of sesame oil in a bowl, stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add the eggs and zucchini to the skillet with with noodles. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes, or until the skillet is almost dry.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds, remaining 1/2 tsp of sesame oil and chopped green onions.